May 09, 2024, 06:32:36 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

MT8 cam selector & 2003 ECM's

Started by fourthgear, December 30, 2012, 08:02:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fourthgear

I read in one of the sticky's that Steve Cole had said I would need a new ECM & its soft ware to use the MT 8 cam selection feature, because he couldn't get them to work( on 2001-2003 ) , is this still the case with my 2003 Ultra & new TTS ?

& before you ask , I am saturated with reading on the TTS & most of it I see I can't do with my open based system , I'm I correct with this ?

Tsani

AFAIK, that is correct. With out changing to at least a 127 level ECM, you can not use all the features such as the cam tool. TTS hasn't put out any newer cals to support these features in older ECMs and it will be some time before they do if they do. The best you can do is a MT7 cal AFAIK.

Since I have an 05, I have a 127 level ECM that is now running 176 level cals. My buddy is now running the same ECM in his 02. But since he is not using O2's, we are using a MT7 cal in his as well. We could pump in a MT8, but just haven't.
ᏣᎳᎩ ᎤᏕᏅ ᎠᏴ ᎠᎩᎸᏗ ᏔᎷᎩᏍᎩ ᎠᏂᏐᏈᎵ
ᎠᏎᏊᎢ Leonard Peltier