May 05, 2024, 07:27:30 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

OT - What's a high quality home gasoline chainsaw on a pole?

Started by Evo160K, February 08, 2009, 06:14:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evo160K

Cleaning up from the Midwestern ice storm.  Are you able to recommend a good quality gasoline powered chainsaw on a pole for home use?  TIA

autoworker

I have a Husqvarna and like it very much.A bit on the pricey side though.
It must be true,I read it on the internet.

Evo160K

Autoworker,
Thanks for the reply.  What's the model number?

seattledyna

had tree trimmers here a couple weeks ago, they had a Husky and a Stihl, that Stihl was SHARP it would cut thru a 8" limb like butter even at full extension!

The guy said they run about a grand,$$$, but I tell ya, he was making some good money with those saws!

autoworker

I believe the current models are 326-P4 and 326-P5.The P4 has a fixed length shaft and the P5 extends.
It must be true,I read it on the internet.

coolingfin

I looked into this a couple of years ago... and Echo seems to be the favored pole saw by arborists who have experience with a wide variety of saws.. that surprised me... especially coming from arborists who use mostly Stihl and Husqvarna... but when I compared them myself, Echo is what I bought too, and I'm a big Stihl and Husqvarna user also.
Poke around here for more info:  www.arboristsite.com

Evo160K

Thanks all for your input.  I appreciate it very much.  Thanks again.

Panzer

I'd go Echo also, 23 years experience to back it too..
Panzer
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

frito1

I'm in NE Arkansas and caught a bit of the ice storm week before last.  I went down to lil sisters to bum her chainsaw.  She had a Remington electric pole saw that she had picked up at a pawn shop.  I really didn't think it would be worth a damn, but at her insistence I gave it a try.  I was really surprised it worked great, and being in the safety business I liked the fact that not a damn thing moves till you need it.  Pulling a cord wasn't too much trouble & with a generator (them things were priceless around here last week) you could go anywhere.

s-r-t
"frito"  '11 FLHTP
www.eddiekieger.com