May 05, 2024, 08:06:56 AM

News:

Saddlebag lid protection

Started by JONNIEROCK, February 09, 2009, 02:08:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JONNIEROCK

This has probably been covered before, but I was wondering what product most of you, who have covers, on their lids, use to protect the finish.
                 Thanks in advance Jonnierock
You think you have problems. My first wife died, and my second one won't !!!

road-dawgs1

For covers, I use Lidcovers by Ridetek.  For protection under the covers, I make sure they are waxed good.
'24 FLTRX Sharkskin blue

low_rider1979

I have the HD covers, they are fine.  I have one lid that got beat up by the T Bag strap flopping in the wind, so I just put it on to cover the blemishes.  They do stay in place fine, just a bit of a PIA to get on right the first time with the pulling and streching required.
HTT member since 2002

xxxflhrci

I have the HD ones.  They fit like a glove.  I use them when we travel to keep the OL's boot from scuffing the bag.  They certainly have helped avoid more than one roadside domestic dispute.

J-Carr

With any of the leather/vianl "bra" type covers, if you get dirt or grime under them it will eventually act like sandpaper and scuff them.  I know alot of people will call bull and say they've ridden 4 bizillion miles with this cover and it didn't leave a mark.  But I've seen the evidence and believe it can happen.  So if you don't want to take that chance you may want to look into a clear film protector.  Here's one:

http://www.stickercity.com/00-up-harley-flh-electra-glide-complete-clear-bra-kit.html

there're others out there if you do a google search.  Just an option to consider.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin Nemo Dresser
Auburn, PA

Sailor285

Go to a place that does boat lettering ect Get some clear vinal stock and put it on the top of bag...protects it great and you still see the color of bag!!! Been doin it since 05! Also used it on top of tour pack so when I strap stuff to the rack it only scratches the clear plastic!!Works great!!

Dan