May 05, 2024, 04:15:38 AM

News:

OT: Hardiplank siding

Started by hotham, February 09, 2009, 08:54:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotham

I am building a shop, 12'x16' and have decided to use Hardiplank to match the house.  I understand you can order it painted from the factory.  How much more is this and is it worth the extra expense?  Thanks

smokey3644

I don't think the pre painted would be the way to go.  I used it on my sun porch and it came primed and painted real easy, one coat if I remember right.
One never knows, does one. (Fats Waller)

Superheat9

I use the hardiplank lapsiding when I built my house in 95. I have been happy with the product.  The one thing I should have done was cut it on a 45 so the joints would have over lapped. It came primed, so I have no experience with the pre painted.

willymax4

even if you get the same matching paint that the house has, the house has probably faded a bit and you probably won't get the match you're hoping for.
RIDE LIKE HELL AND YOU'LL PROBABLY WIND UP THERE

carpenterjoe

I have Installed Hardy siding on about a dozen houses great stuff RFl [read the fffing instructions!] use factory ends on butt joints cut the ends will absorb water ,leave one sixteenth on butts put strip of tar paper or tyvek [BIB] between them ,one eight on ends use hardi caulk it matches perfect,you can not buy the paint let for the price Aloin paint it or get no where as good job!    The factory paint is baked on with a 15 yr warranty painted boards are individually wrapped .primer ones are wet.dented etc. Use a old carbide blade and DUST mask, Electric shears they sell for it shread it up.