Another Reason to Stay Away from Myrtle Beach

Started by hharley2002, February 09, 2009, 12:41:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hharley2002

Myrtle Beach May Adjust 'Thong Law,' Toss Warnings
Monday, February 9, 2009

MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. -- Myrtle Beach leaders are considering a tougher indecent exposure law that would allow officers to issue tickets or make arrests the first time they see someone baring too much skin.

The Sun News of Myrtle Beach reports that the current so-called "thong ordinance" requires officers to issue a warning before issuing tickets. Myrtle Beach has banned thongs on the beach for 16 years.

City spokesman Mark Kruea says the tougher law is not in response to May motorcycle rallies along the Grand Strand, although he acknowledges the biker events bring an increase in illegally exposed skin. The city has approved a number of ordinances to restrict the biker activities.

The Myrtle Beach City Council will consider the new rules for the first time Tuesday.
Hharley2002

J-Carr

Hey no problem.  I have budgeted about $2500 to spend on vacations this year.  I'm more then ahppy to give the money to somewhere else.  I know people are still going on the avoid MB routes and outside of town activities, but I want nothing to do with the area.  There are plenty of other biker friendly places to go spend my money.

Ride Safe,
J-Carr
2008 FLHTCUSE3 Screamin Nemo Dresser
Auburn, PA

Faast Ed

thong law?

Straw the broke the Camels back! :down:

Bwahahahaha!
≡Faast Ed>

hharley2002

Faast Ed, my thoughts exactly.  Man, I'm 'bummed' out.  I had a whole new collection I was gonna take this year.  After I lose that extra 175lbs I gained over the winter....I'd look damned good.... :hyst:
Hharley2002

RoadKingTrooper

Quote from: hharley2002 on February 09, 2009, 02:13:15 PM
Faast Ed, my thoughts exactly.  Man, I'm 'bummed' out.  I had a whole new collection I was gonna take this year.  After I lose that extra 175lbs I gained over the winter....I'd look damned good.... :hyst:

:hyst: Glad I will miss it

Faast Ed

QuoteFaast Ed, my thoughts exactly.  Man, I'm 'bummed' out.  I had a whole new collection I was gonna take this year.  After I lose that extra 175lbs I gained over the winter....I'd look damned good....

Glad to see somebody out there that thinks like me!   LOL
≡Faast Ed>

Hoist!

"I just want to be free! Free to ride my machine and not be hassled by the man!"

Tex_Bagger

I say screw em if they don't want our kind.  Never was one to go somewhere and have my fun legislated from a Judge's bench, city hall or whatever. They can have their precious little rally and cute little town.  Too many other rallies to enjoy.
2016 CVO Street Glide (Black)D&D fatcat
2020 FLRT Freewheeler Trike Bone Stock

willymax4

jesus christ, i thought jerry fallwell was dead, did he get reincarnated and become the mayor of MB?
RIDE LIKE HELL AND YOU'LL PROBABLY WIND UP THERE

tireater

Not alot of T and A at Cali. rallies...Sounds like you are ahead of the game...
Ride it...Break it...Fix it...Repeat...

Panzer

hharley2002 is thinking about wearing a thong.  :smiled:

A new TV show is being aired entitled, "What would you do"?   Seen it?

What would you do?  :hyst:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Princess Butt

No thongs? There's some things I philosophically oppose. Outlawing thongs is one of them!

BnEUC
Shiny side up, rubber side down.

moose

don't know about you guys but those rubber thongs hurt my butt. and if i have one there and the other on my foot I'd have to buy 2 pair.
Moose aka Glenn-

Dennis The Menace

I dont care.  Wont keep me from travelling through there or visiting.  Bigger things to be worried bout.

menace

Deye76

It's prolly directed at some of those judy high booty's on the back of the rice rockets. some of 'em scary.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

CndUltra88

Not that I was going or planning to go any time soon ( living here on the West Coast of Canada ) but I was wondering if this thong law was going to be applied evenly to those guys who wear them lil bananna hamocks as well???
Just a thought, all be it an uggerly one
Ride Safe and Enjoy where ver you choose to ride this season.
Rob
Infantryman Terry Street
End of Tour April,4,2008 Panjwayi district Afghanistan

a8nsk8

What's next Tighty whities???  :crook: When they ban boxers all us 50 plus crowd will be screwed... :hyst:
West TN