May 08, 2024, 11:56:24 PM

News:

2005 SEEG2 o2 conversion

Started by fl1996nos, January 15, 2013, 11:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fl1996nos

I have a 2005 SEEG2 with A/C, V & H True Duals, SE-204 Cams and SERT. I would like to do the o2 conversion for closed loop operation. I ran the TTS upgrade qualifier on my SERT and it failed. For the sake of not having to buy a whole new tuner (TTS) can i still do the conversion using a SERT level 176 map and use MyTune or TSII software to generate the new VE values? Thanks in advance for any replies.

fl1996nos

hrdtail78

Quote from: fl1996nos on January 15, 2013, 11:17:06 AM
I have a 2005 SEEG2 with A/C, V & H True Duals, SE-204 Cams and SERT.

Do you own a SERT or SESPT. 

I would like to do the o2 conversion for closed loop operation. I ran the TTS upgrade qualifier on my SERT and it failed. For the sake of not having to buy a whole new tuner (TTS) can i still do the conversion using a SERT level 176 map and use MyTune or TSII software to generate the new VE values? Thanks in advance for any replies.

That ECM will allow you to add CL operations to it.  Might have to buy the new CD from HD. 
Semper Fi

wolf_59

Quote from: hrdtail78 on February 27, 2013, 04:20:54 PM
Quote from: fl1996nos on January 15, 2013, 11:17:06 AM
I have a 2005 SEEG2 with A/C, V & H True Duals, SE-204 Cams and SERT.

Do you own a SERT or SESPT. 

I would like to do the o2 conversion for closed loop operation. I ran the TTS upgrade qualifier on my SERT and it failed. For the sake of not having to buy a whole new tuner (TTS) can i still do the conversion using a SERT level 176 map and use MyTune or TSII software to generate the new VE values? Thanks in advance for any replies.

That ECM will allow you to add CL operations to it.  Might have to buy the new CD from HD. 
Yes it will but will the SERT (pre-TTS) allow him to collect Vtune data to be able to use MyTune to generate new VE's

hrdtail78

I guess I am not understanding the question.  You need a SE tuner that will allow you to record data and use that data to Smart Tune.  I don't think the older version of filmware allow this to happen.  If you do have the correct VCI, then the new disc need to be bought from HD.  When they get something new out.  You have to pay for it and they quit supporting thier older stuff.

"Yes it will but will the SERT (pre-TTS) allow him to collect Vtune data to be able to use MyTune to generate new VE's"

Vtune and MyTune are programs that deal with data.  Has nothing to do with data collection.  Data collect by SE for Smart Tune is collect in a HDX file.  Data Master collects data to be used in Vtune as a DM3 file.  You can not use HDX file with Vtune.  When Vtune does Generate a new file.  It generates a MT7 or MT8 file.  These do not correctly paste over to a DT for closeloop VE mapping.

Can you collect data with smart tune and use that data in MyTune to generate new VE's.  Yes.  As long as you have the correct VCI and filmware to collect data. 

"Do you own a SERT or SESPT?"
Semper Fi

fl1996nos

Thanks for the replies. I do have a SERT. I would have liked to upgrade to a TTS but it did not qualify. I can make a data run using Data Mode with the SERT. Wouldn't that be the file I would use with MyTune?

hrdtail78

I don't know what all data channels you can record with SERT.  IE:  O2 traces, front, and rear.  Dat Master allows you to pick type of data recorded.  Haven't mess with an older SERT for quit some time.  Someone with good working knowledge of the older stuff will probably chime in.  Might need to call Mytune tech supports and see.

Semper Fi

ToBeFrank

You can make a data recording with the SERT that will work with MyTune. Your problem will be you won't be able to program a 176 level cal into your ECM. The SERT will have checks that will prevent this.

fl1996nos

Thanks for the replies hardtail and TBF. The following is a quote from nc-renegade on 5/24/09 from post "02 conversion question".

"My ECM is an 05 and I have been successful loading in the 176 data file a while back (using the SERT) so I am hopeful the ECM will read the o2 sensors once I install them.  I went back to the 127 map, I just wanted to see if I could get the 176 map loaded in." Thanks.

wolf_59

Quote from: ToBeFrank on February 28, 2013, 10:15:47 AM
You can make a data recording with the SERT that will work with MyTune. Your problem will be you won't be able to program a 176 level cal into your ECM. The SERT will have checks that will prevent this.
I have a TTS instead of a SERT 04 Fatboy upgraded to 05 ecm o2 sensors added and run 176 cal, I tried this yesterday instead of collecting vtune data I ran data recording and was able to generate VE tables and Timing corrections off the same data with Mytune

fl1996nos

Thanks Wolf for verifying that MyTune will work with a data recording. TBF says that I will have problems loading a 176 level "SERT" map into my 05 ECM. If anyone can confirm this it would be much appreciated. Thanks.