May 09, 2024, 09:40:08 AM

News:

HD Stage1 Question

Started by freddie_ray, January 17, 2013, 02:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freddie_ray

I have a 2012 FLHTK, I'm running the Kuryakyn Perfect Storm installed in April of 12. The exhaust is getting a little loud out on the road. When I purchased the bike it was equipped with the S1 intake and aftermarket slip-ons, I think the exhaust are Rush, but there is no marking on the mufflers. I was thinking of removing the Crusher Mufflers and reinstalling the my other mufflers and since I have the TTS, restore my stock tune. I have to purchase a laptop since I have a Mac, so this will be happening further down the line. I may just install the Fulsac and my mufflers. What's the take of the you experts? I just want to keep the wife and me happy while traveling. I guess my question is: is the Stage 1 good a enough tune? :beer:

Ohio HD

As far as your Mac, read this post, it discusses how to use TTS with it. Cheaper than buying a new PC laptop.

http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php/topic,58359.0.html

Coff 06

January 17, 2013, 02:25:37 PM #2 Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 10:38:28 PM by Coff 06
I see no problem with stock pipes back on,it's not going to make any difference with the Stage I download.Now having a TTS,it should give you a better tune than stock.Stock tune is very lean to comply with EPA.  A STOCK bike can always benefit from a good tune.                       
       Coff 06
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118