May 08, 2024, 01:35:41 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Just when I though we covered all oils

Started by War Horse, January 22, 2013, 02:50:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

truck

I have the red stuff in there now and don't plan on ever changing it again. Car transmissions and differentials don't get changed for a long long time, so why does the bike need changing?
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

Rockymtnglide

That's all I've ever used in my 07 FLHX. Works good for me, no negatives so far.

JerkFace

as hard as i beat on my bike, i love that stuff in my tranny

koko3052

Quote from: truck on January 23, 2013, 03:23:33 PM
I have the red stuff in there now and don't plan on ever changing it again. Car transmissions and differentials don't get changed for a long long time, so why does the bike need changing?
Way smaller oil capacity, smaller bearings, is full of roller bearings...just for a few :pop:

Big Cahuna

And a smaller amount of power being pushed thru them. As long as real gear oil doesn't shear way below what its supposed to be, it should last a long time. Running all these expensive gear oils is truly a waste of money. The Harley trans is a light duty, bullet proof design. 100 hp is nothing for the gears to handle, the clutch might slip or the belt break. Never heard of anyone blowing the gears out the bottom due to oil not doing it's job.The biggest problems I have ever heard with them is leaky seals, probably from running to heavy grade of oil, of bent shifter forks from guys who need their clutch adjusted, and think kicking the shift lever is he proper way to shift their bike.