May 05, 2024, 03:26:51 PM

News:

Chrome cover over handle bar

Started by okroadking, February 10, 2009, 01:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okroadking

I would like to remove the chrome cover over the handlebar where it connects to the risers. The fork lock is also located in this chrome cover. I don't want to start prying on it and possibly scratch the cover. Any help is appriciated.
Mike

JBarrettB

February 10, 2009, 05:03:17 PM #1 Last Edit: February 10, 2009, 05:04:59 PM by JBarrettB
First you remove the headlamp bucket, then you can get to the fastener that holds the 'spike' in place on top of the nacelle. Under the 'spike' at the front of the h-bar cover there is a screw w/washer and nut that holds the front of the cover in place. Last remove the two remaining screws under the stem lock cover and off it comes.  :rtfb:

JB
CAUTION: Comments may be sarcastic, clarification available upon request.

Hoist!

Quote from: okroadking on February 10, 2009, 01:53:18 PM
I would like to remove the chrome cover over the handlebar where it connects to the risers. The fork lock is also located in this chrome cover. I don't want to start prying on it and possibly scratch the cover. Any help is appriciated.
Mike

Remove the ignition switch plastic cover by simply prying it up. Remove the 2 screws. Remove the headlight bezel. Remove the headlight by removing the wellnut screws. Inside the Nacelle you'll see a nut that holds the lil chrome strip and remove it. Remove the screw, nut and washer from the front of the clamp. The clamp can then be lifted off.

Hoist! :smiled:
"I just want to be free! Free to ride my machine and not be hassled by the man!"

okroadking

Thanks for the help guys. I guess I should buy a service manuel.
Mike