April 30, 2024, 07:42:41 AM

News:

Springer front end to 77 flh frame

Started by 11.7to1, February 06, 2013, 03:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

11.7to1

I recently bought a 1977 flh. I have a springer front end off of a 97 fl. Can I bolt this front end onto this bike?  Has anyone done this?

saddle tramp

the neck stem and bearings should be the same, check the fork lock and see if it will fit your frame. if it doesn't you can cut it off and it should bolt right on.
I put a Bad Boy springer on a 2001 night train and it fit fine except for the fork stop, so I cut it off and bolted it up.
with your early frame it may just bolt right up.

11.7to1

Thanks for your help. My only other question now is, how the rake angles differ between the flsts and the 77 flh. I wonder if anything to worry about

stroker800

The FL springer is off the heritage model,,they are de-raked about 3 degrees...I run one myself BUT I put the rake back to zero...I didn't like the look,,plus also installed on a 34* raked frame..I found mod fairly easy to do...You need a FX top tree,,some machining and welding...The FL springers are quicker to wear neck bearings as well....
Dave

11.7to1

Thanks Dave. Would it be too much trouble to post a pic of your bike

stroker800

I'll try....Not the best pics ever,,yeah its on the softail..Its been sold,,I kept the springer for a 2nd pan project..
Dave

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]