May 09, 2024, 03:34:28 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Rotor stator collision

Started by Hooda, February 21, 2013, 10:59:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hooda

Hello again. As I stated earlier had rotor stator collide on my 1988 sportster. Got new clutch shaft new bearing in trap door and new clutch hub. That should take care of any wobble. Don't want to use  stock basket. Can't find after market one from vtwin. Been told back ordered but nobody knows when they will arrive. Was told there is some place in Michigan that can refurb my stock one like the vtwin one where the magnets are encapsulated. Does anyone know of this place? I am on the west coast and can't find anything.

kik

Hooda

Thanks I tried them earlier. They don't rebuild the magnets.

andyxlh

Hi Hooda,
My friends one had loose magnets and I did to his old one what i did to my new one - filled the gaps in with JB weld. I also glued his magnets in with the same stuff after letting it stand in degreaser for a while as they had come loose but were not smashed. The JB weld is heatproof and oil proof, and seems to work well. His was done a few years ago and is still going well - despite all the wheelies he keeps pulling! Should get you through until you get the encapsulated one.
BTW the auto primary chain tensioner from Hayden is a good idea too, should reduce whiplash in the chain and shock in the basket magnets.
cheers
A
If you can't fix it with a hammer and a roll of Duck tape then you're in trouble

kik

Hooda, I do not know where this guy is located but I hear he does very good work. I've looked around some and it looks like he does mostly metric, but it never hurts to ask, Send him an email, I hear his prices are very good also.  http://tpe-usa.com/