April 27, 2024, 02:41:47 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Buell Blast 4-3 shift....UPDATE & Question.???..

Started by Hogman, February 11, 2009, 12:58:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogman

February 11, 2009, 12:58:23 PM Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 04:33:59 PM by Hogman
Got a friend with an 02 Buell Blast, Not than many Miles on, (Sorry I Forget Exactly right now....) But he is Having a Heck of a time doing a Downshift from 4th, to 3rd. He's even Poorer than I am,   :down: so I'm going to Try and Find an OEM Repair Manual for it, and see If there is any sort of an adjustment he can do on it Before he goes and Starts Removing everything. I'm Not Much Help to him, as This is the First one I have ever even Seen.
Does Anyone Know of an Issue with these Transmissions? or a KNOWN Problem?
It's Still Winter here, But he wants to get it Straightened around so he can Start Riding it ASAP and Park the Barge he Drives due to the Snow etc.
Anyone Here have a Buell Blast Manual they would like to sell?
Thanks in advance for ANY Help.  :up:

Well, as I did manage to get a Factory Manual for this, after Much Adoo, From a Friend! Ha Ha Ha
Anyways my Buddy with the Buel Blast, took the Engine out of the Frame (For Me??? LOLOL) and could not figure out How to get it out Without Taking the Cam Cover Off. Yep, he Dropped the Int. Cam Right out, Luckily, Landed on the Bench. Didn't say a Word to me about it, Tried Jamming it back in, and when I was About to Get into the Shifting issue, I Noticed the Cam Sticking out. Well, Now That I THINK I have found the Shifting Issue, I Need to Find out HOW the Cams Sit in the Chest Timed Properly. He Has The Service Manual for the Bike, and is out on the Road, and I Can't get it until he comes back, and that Might not be until Next Week!!!!
Does ANYONE Have a Picture, (Clear) of How these things Sit in the Cavity TIMED? Or, Give me a Real Good Idea on them. They Look like Stock, and the Int. Cam had three Marks, the Exh. cam, I can only see One mark on the Gear, and one Slash Looking mark on the Machined Surface of the Face of the Cam, if I Make that Clear as Mud. Can Anyone Help me out Before the Week is Up? PLEEEEEEEASE...
I'm Going to post this on the General Site Too, as I Would Like to Get Any Parts I Needed Ordered ASAP and Get this Outta My Hair.
I'd APPRECIATE the Help People.[/size]
Hogman

panhead_dan

I have zero experience with the BLAST! but I'm thinking that the tranny, clutch and shifting parts are the same as every other Buell. There are gearing differences and there may be some clutch differences but mostly the same. With that in mind, I'm thinking your freind's BLAST! may just need some fine tuning to the primary chain or clutch adjustment. Buells can be kinda finiky about these adjustments. I have manuals for '03 XB9S and for '06 XB12X. Let me know if you need something looked up.
Manuals are also available in pdf format at Buell.com in the owners section, I believe.

Hogman

Thanks for the Reply P H D. I went to the Site, (Buell.com) But was unable to Locate anything of Value. He Bought this thing about Two Years ago, and it has Never been 100%, as far as I Know. I Have Not Rode it or anything else, as he's Just mentioned it to me a couple of weeks ago, and we've had So much Snow and Cold weather, I have not gotten over there to Ride it, and or check it out, Yet.
I Honestly have No Idea of what these Bikes are Similar too, like IF The Blast Uses All the same Clutch and Primary Goodies Etc., or not. Like I said, This is the First one I have Ever even Seen, and That was Months ago at That. I Guess I'll have to Keep my Fingers Crossed that I can find him a Real Service Manual, (OEM) and go From there.
Thanks Again for the Reply, I Appreciated it!  :up:  :up:
Hogman

panhead_dan

Hogman

Thanks P H D. I Had Run across that link earlier, But could Not get any Satisfaction from it. I Don't know how much of a rush he is in, so I think I'll keep trying to get a Used OEM Service/Repair Manual for it.
Hogman

coolhand1903

hey hogman...sent ya a message last night about a 2002 blast service manual i have for sale.  didnt know for sure if ya recieved message or not so i thought i would holler again... you can have it for $15.00 and mailinng cost... keithmharley2000@yahoo.com

Hogman

OK, Just to let y'all know, I Got what I Needed, from FSG.  :up:  :teeth: Thanks. Again SIR!!!!!!!
Hogman

coolhand1903

hey..igot a factory shop manual for a 2002 blast... will sell it for  $10.oo plus shipping.. keithmharley2000@yahoo.com