April 27, 2024, 08:16:12 AM

News:

Motorcycle sales in Australia

Started by -deuced-, February 23, 2013, 07:58:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

-deuced-

Just some trivia..... :sheep:....
Sold 115,000 units in 2012. That includes all size motorcycles, scooters and quad bikes. HD had a 22% increase from the year before.

Ohio HD

Molly

All that mining gold money swilling around....

When I was last in Melbourne I noticed that a HD costing NZ $32,000 was around AU $28,000. Not only were the bikes cheaper in a dollar-for-dollar sense, but the wages are higher so you've more of them to play with.

I've just renewed my Queensland teacher registration by the way. Lots of folk from here gone there (esp. post-quake). Most seem to stay.  :teeth:

FSG

QuoteI've just renewed my Queensland teacher registration by the way. Lots of folk from here gone there (esp. post-quake). Most seem to stay.  :teeth: 
:up:  lets ride 

Molly

And, coincidentally, just saw this article on the BBC. Apparently, the Australians are the new Americans:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21519050

IndyHarley

a good insight to an evolving/growing country. price of product always increases when labor costs increase it is simply a logical method of passing on costs. just like people here thinking raising the minimum wage to $9.00 an hour will have a huge positive impact. the reality is it won't the cost of labor is passed on by raising the product price hence labor raises are negated (cost of living). wow sorry about my post but guess it was just on my mind. BTW, I think Australia is great along with NZ. Wish I could afford to live there.
Member since 1865
Founder of IN PGR - Legion Post #186 Commander

08fxstc

Quote from: Molly on February 24, 2013, 02:49:42 PM
And, coincidentally, just saw this article on the BBC. Apparently, the Australians are the new Americans:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-21519050

Wish I was living the life they portray in the article, fairly low percentage overall live like that.

There are certainly some nice places to live over here but there are also a shite load of places that aren't.

Molly

Same story in NZ. Lots of poverty in amongst all that beauty. Anybody seen: 'Once Were Warriors'? That said, you don't tend to get vulgar displays of wealth either. And, on balance, my family is a lot better off here than we were in the UK. My town is clean, people are friendly, lifestyle is quite relaxed. Food's horrendously expensive but I suppose that's off-set to some extent by other day-to-day stuff that's cheaper.

Everything has to find it's own level and there's only so much that the market will bear.

mrmike

I would hope to think that you Aussies would be smart enough to use America as an example of what not to do.We seem to have a problem here of rewarding bad behaviour and confusing a hand up with a hand out.

Mike
I'm not leaving til I have a good time