May 10, 2024, 07:01:06 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Zumo 660 interface connector

Started by whitebagger1, February 23, 2013, 10:47:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitebagger1

Has anyone used the Harley-Zumo interface connector. My Zumo has blue tooth for my phone and I was wondering if the phone will come through the headset when the interface is used? It's on a 2006 Ultra with the Zumo 660
Seat Doctor

biglew55

Quote from: whitebagger1 on February 23, 2013, 10:47:10 PM
Has anyone used the Harley-Zumo interface connector. My Zumo has blue tooth for my phone and I was wondering if the phone will come through the headset when the interface is used? It's on a 2006 Ultra with the Zumo 660

Short answer is no.

There is a longer answer if you want to do some searching.  It has been discussed to great lengths on several forums.

Summary:

• NIM (Interface connector) will only route navigation prompts from a Road Tech (HD branded only) z66x to the stereo. 
  • There is no HD solution for MIC inputs for phone use.  A popular option is for this HDBomm.
  • If you want to use the zumo for media source or phone interface, you will need to connect to the front aux input, anyway (also, if you elect to use the NIM).
2020 FLHTK - 2018 BMW R1200 GSA - 1965 FLHFB
IBA #595

whitebagger1

Thanx. That's what I needed to know. I appreciate the input.
Seat Doctor