April 27, 2024, 11:56:07 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

A big hello from Norway

Started by Panzer71, February 24, 2013, 03:28:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panzer71

Hi guys!

Have been lurking on forums for some years now, but have only been active on a Norwegian one  :embarrassed:

I'm almost 42 years old and have been riding Harleys since I was 21, and have never owned anything else since. Dont know why, but its something about the V-twin I guess  :teeth:

Started out with a 1961 XLCH basket case which ended up as a hardtail chopper, then I moved on to a 1959 pan and rode it as a bobber for 14 years. Finally I went EVO a couple a years ago... and now I got a reliable bike which can take me to and from work without any mishaps  :wink:. Nothing wrong with the old bikes, but living in a cold country you would like to ride as much as possible during the short season, and then all km's to and from work really counts... and nobody likes to be 30-40 minutes late (and sweaty) because of a long kicking session in the morning  :wink:

Surely there was some wrenching going on when riding the older iron, but I liked it.

As I said, I have been lurking on US forums for some years and finally I decided to join which has provided me with the best info so far (and cured a couple of headaches along the way  :teeth:)

So, I'm looking forward to get even wiser and have a fun time among the rest of you guys!

HV

Welcome to HTT hope you enjoy the place....OMG another Panzer.. :hyst: ..
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

Grumpy : (

Welcome!

I got to visit the Oslo area 40 years ago, but drove, had the in-laws with me.  Beautiful country.

G  : (
Make the Day Yours!
Ormond Beach, FL

Panzer

Panzer71, may I introduce myself as "Panzer".
I guess you can understand why HV said OMG....... :hyst:
If you have some German blood in you all the better, but what really matters is you ride two wheels, we're brothers.
Welcome to HTT Mr. Panzer71.  :up:

Geeeeez, it's almost like talking to myself.  :hyst:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Panzer71

Hahahahah :-)

I knew I should have picked another 'nick  :teeth:

No German blood in my veins, as far as I know....  :wink: But been a fan of armoured warfare since I was a kid, and especially the german tanks from the WW2 area. So, I was an huge fan of panzer simulators when growing up... and when I had the panhead I dreamt about getting a new "panhead" engine for it... fount out there was a company who made them, and it was called Panzer if I recall it righ :-)

So, the nick kinda stuck with me  :teeth:

So mr. Panzer... hope you can live with there beeing two of us, but I'm more than happy to change name  :smile:, but not to something wich contains "viking" or something similar  :teeth: