New Member from San Diego

Started by SoCalRider, February 11, 2009, 08:56:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoCalRider

February 11, 2009, 08:56:45 PM Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 09:06:52 PM by SoCalRider
Been lerking for about 3 months.
Not new to the Harley world but to this forum. Yes, I'm on another forum but they have little info about panheads.
I have a 2003 Heritage (daily ride) and a 'project' (64 pan motor going into a 92 Heritage roller).  Going to be asking lots of ??? on this one.  So you panhead guys be ready.
Hardtail days are behind me, really like the heritage, but miss the pan, so I'm building my own.  Not into bolt on stuff, would rather fab/modify it myself.
If ever in San Diego, give me a holler (e-mail) and will get you a cold one, tow/help, or directions.
David.

Ride Safe & Happpy Trails !!

CraigArizona85248

Welcome aboard!  Let me be the official "panhead" welcoming committee.  LOL  Post your panhead specific questions here:  http://harleytechtalk.net/htt/index.php?board=6.0  We got a number of guys who love to talk panheads.  I'm still riding a rigid.  Some old dogs don't learn new tricks to easy.   :teeth:

-Craig

JamLazyAss

SCR,

Ditto the welcome!

I'm currently building a 57 Pan bobber myself. Yes it's in a rigid, but...
That might change direction after paying a visit to my "butt" doc tomorrow.  :hyst:
Sure would like to see pictures.
I'm over on the "other side" near Syracuse New York.

Panhead in a softail frame huh....?  :pop:

I'm not a proctologist, but I know an asshole when I see one...

SoCalRider

Gotta go in an Evo Frame just like a MoCo in Colorado did. 
The 'donor' is actually my 64 in a Jammer frame 12 over on the front that got 'wrecked' that took out the front end and bent the frame about 8 years ago.  Frame is still in the rafters of the garage while the rest have been sitting on a couple shelves.

Or ginally from Buffalo NY, the Navy (retired now) brought me to the West Coast.  I don't like down time because of snow.
David.

Ride Safe & Happpy Trails !!