April 27, 2024, 06:34:23 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Milage

Started by rbabos, March 05, 2013, 11:48:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbabos

March 05, 2013, 11:48:45 AM Last Edit: March 05, 2013, 12:52:46 PM by rbabos
I see someone on 1130cc.com just hit the 200k mark. Cases never split and basic maintanance , one warrateed rad and sensor only. :wtf: I'm inpressed. As far as I can tell he don't wrench much. Probably what saved it. :hyst:
Ron

ViennaHog

We have yet to see an engine failure on a VROD over here in Vienna. Worst we saw was a worn cam likely due to abuse of a cold engine. There a a few leaks in the cooling system, brittle rubber hoses in the breather set up and sticky throttle cables and that is about it.
Same is to say fore the rest of the bike. Only steering head bearings are a frequent problem.
Rock solid motorcycle, too bad that nobody buys it in some markets

strokerjlk

QuoteI'm inpressed. As far as I can tell he don't wrench much. Probably what saved it.
How long can you hold out ? 1 maybe 2 seasons? :bike:
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

rbabos

Quote from: strokerjlk on March 06, 2013, 03:44:31 AM
QuoteI'm inpressed. As far as I can tell he don't wrench much. Probably what saved it.
How long can you hold out ? 1 maybe 2 seasons? :bike:
Well, I must confess, I frequent the high performance part of 1130cc.com. quite often. :embarrassed: Just out of curiosity, that's all. I will fight it as long as posssible. :wink: The upgrade costs to happy ratio of the last bike still haunt me.
Ron

brunothedog

but ya gotta do the Stage II cams that harley puts out, a basic swap for instant gratification.
along with alittle head work and valves /springs, will make your day.
milage will suck thou. but at least you'll smile all the way to the filling station, and back.
such a rush, it will kick in around 4500rpm all the way to 9500 rpm. and very streetable