April 27, 2024, 08:48:05 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

out with the L5 , in with the C grind

Started by 79FLH, March 13, 2013, 08:53:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ohio HD

March 22, 2013, 04:06:44 PM #50 Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 04:12:33 PM by Ohio HD
Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on March 22, 2013, 03:36:43 PM
That's pretty much the same thing I'm looking for out of my 93 John. You are going to love your new 98.

I gotta get out with this Andrews #7 one of these days. Got a ton of stuff to do Saturday and out of town Sunday, (looks like snow Sunday anyhow) but I will be rolling up my tarps "winter" walls on my work area this weekend and at least get a path cleared toward the barn door.

I think you'll like the cam a lot. As I said I never ran the #7, but ran a bunch of the #6 cams. The #6 is kind of a runs really good in any larger motor cam. The #7 is supposed to be a little better lower down. Look at the cam comparison, what they did was advance the cam 3 degrees to get a lower start in the RPM range, and narrowed the overlap to give more mid range, and dropped the duration a bit. It should pull great.

[attach=0]

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

76shuvlinoff

Thanks Ohio, appreciate the info, with it I started a new thread with questions on lifters.

- Mark
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway