New Guy from Michigan

Started by yankee dog, March 15, 2013, 07:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yankee dog

March 15, 2013, 07:40:10 PM Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 03:02:35 AM by yankee dog
Just saying whats up. I have owned bikes since I was 16 years old, rode dirt bikes before that (I am 50 now). Just sold the 1971 Triumph 650 Tiger and the 1987 Sportster 883. Owned and restored the Triumph since 1990 but have ridden it since 1978 (was in the family). Owned the Sporty new since 1987.

Just got a hair up the azz to get a bigger bike that me and the wife can enjoy...together. Was looking for a FXR but could not find a "keeper".  I did find a clean 1994 Dyna Low Rider Convertible. I wanted a bike that I could enjoy as well as the wife getting on and us taking a nice ride together every now and then. Also wanted a bike that I did not need a lap top to work on. I am happy with a gravity fed carb and a VOES!

Got the bike about 5 days ago and am giving it the once over with fluids and such. Will dig deeper as time goes on, but the bike has at least a stage one. The previous owner is ill (alzhiemers) so I didn't  get a good history. 27,000 miles on the bike and lots of chrome. Not a big fan of the chrome, but hey, it's there. Original paint in good condition and the bike looks well maintained.

It does have a little weeping to the cylinder base gaskets, but gonna give it some time and see what else I find. Not afraid to wrench and have torn down the Triumph and my dirt bikes for rebuilds in the past (complete). Have rebuild a few auto engines and play with diesels as well.

Looking forward to the upcoming riding season, and am new to the big twin evo engine (sporty had a evo 4 speed), but again, aint scared either.

EDIT: Forgot to say, I have lurked/been a member on many cycle forums/websites over the years and just now joined this site. It is exactly how I like my bikes. Simple, clean, to the point, runs well and has minimal bs.       :chop:

So just saying hello and ride safe! YD
94 FXDS, EVL3010, Cycle Shack slip ons, Wiseco 8.5:1, .035 squish, ultima ign.

76shuvlinoff

Welcome yankee dog, you'll find plenty of help and/or good natured bsing once you feel your way around the site.

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway