April 28, 2024, 08:06:32 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Finally got a ride in...

Started by easyricer, March 18, 2013, 03:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easyricer

Been pretty busy at the shop and the house. Hardly much time for us to twist off around here since I got the new tranny in and the dual plugs hooked up right. I'm still having an idle issue that bugs me but I have a really easily accessible idle adjusted knob right beside the aircleaner (donated from a dead rice grinder carb).
The tranny has smoothed out quite a bit and I'm getting used to finding neutral at a stop. It's still much easier finding it while it's rolling to a stop. Using the GPS for a speedo is about as annoying as it gets, so I got the speedo that Mr Durwood sent me mounted and hooked up. I still need to install a sensor and a signal adjuster to make it work but for now there is something in the hole that stands a chance of working.
We managed to twist off yesterday for a breakfast run and the tranny and motor did just fine. She got a little hotter than I thought she should so this afternoon I increased my mainjet from a .185 to a .190 (the .195 I had before the ignition swap proved to be too fat) I twisted off again today, still with the fairing and tourbox on and she did great!
I think she's ready to paint! We got our paint already picked out and I'll have a pinstriper at the shop in the near future for the finishing touches. It'll still be blue, but we are taking everything back to the factory paint scheme.
There is still something wrong about a bowling ball not marking it's spot.
EASY

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]
Just ride the damned thing!

easyricer

I should add that the 5 speed with the 23 tooth sprocket, pulls good though the gears but 5th is working more like an overdrive. I haven't pulled the trailer yet with it though. The clutch smoothed out also, like I figured it would. I had to readjust the cable today and that fairly well did the trick.
Hopefully after the wife starts working at my shop we'll be able to get more rides in together since I'm the one opening and closing it. She still has a week to go before she is done at the other job (hopefully for good). I do enjoy having her at the shop.
EASY

76shuvlinoff

easy,
first  :up: on the bike. Good to hear it's coming together.

and B,
I love my wife, we're coming up on our 25th this year and we had a couple years before we got married. But the one thing I have always told her was "you are not working with me".

You're a better man than I.  :wink:

- Mark
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

easyricer

Mark, well for one congrats on the 25 years! I hope to be able to do that myself. Shay is about the only woman I have ever met who I can completely get along with. We've been together now for 4 years and are coming up on our 3rd anniversary, we've never even had an argument, or gotten on each others nerves.
The closest we get to arguing, is over the bikes. She wants me to buy a new one, I wanna build another old one. I told her we'd go look at a new Harley after her truck is paid for. (she likes shiny, I like patina) It still drives her nuts that I almost never wash the bike.
EASY