April 30, 2024, 09:02:01 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

1950 EL gonna be up for sale

Started by easyricer, March 23, 2013, 05:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

easyricer

One of my customers is having some health issues and is going to put his 50EL up for sale. I'm sure it's not gonna be extremely much. His wife is bringing me pics so I'll have them posted up soon.
I went though the his motor about 2 years ago and it's all sound. All I replaced was gaskets, rings and pinion gear and nut. The motor is 74 Ci now and best I can tell has ULH flywheels, 3 7/16 pistons and an early Shovel cam cover. I think the heads were outside oilers.
I'll post more as I know it.
EASY
Just ride the damned thing!

easyricer

Well since my customers wife never showed back up, I can only assume it's been sold or taken off the market. I have not seen him yet either, I can only hope he's OK. Sorry to get anyones hopes up.
EASY

Hogman

Quote from: easyricer on April 03, 2013, 04:54:59 AM
Well since my customers wife never showed back up, I can only assume it's been sold or taken off the market. I have not seen him yet either, I can only hope he's OK. Sorry to get anyones hopes up.
EASY

Damn, I Don't know What happened here, I Hit a Thumbs Up, and my Post Disappeared! LOLOL Dang Machinery! LOL
Anyways, what I had said was, You just can't seem to take anyones "Word" anymore, seems to be gone the way of the Handshake Deal. GONE I Guess. I Had Called a Buddy that would have been a VERY Good Candidate for this one last night. So, He put it on hold to wait and see what this one was gonna take $$$ wise etc. He's looking at another one that's, lets say, NOT Pristine at all! Oh well, he had already figured it would be a Project to play with this year, not a Right away Rider.
I'll give him a call back and let him know this one won't be happening, or Not Soon at least. THANKS for the Heads up, AND Letting us Know you didn't hear back Sir!   :up:
Hogman

BART

My first Harley was a 1950 EL.  I bought it in 1960 for $300.00.  It was one of the best running old bikes I ever had.  I rode it for a few years and sold it to a friend for $300.00.  I wish I had today!  I've got a 1950 FL now that runs nice but isn't as smooth as the EL was. 

BART

Erichill

I have a '48 EL with a belt enclosed in the primary, and up to 60 mph it is smoother running than my '09 Honda  VTX1300. Above 60mph all bets are off.
Eric

easyricer

LOL Word gets around pretty good around here.... Yesterday one of the guys who owned the 50FL I now own, dropped by asking me why I was selling it. I told him I wasn't, it's stored away for right now waiting until I have the money to work on it. He heard that I had a 50 Harley for sale.
Most people around here know that, if I don't buy it, I usually have a buyer ready for old Iron. Pretty much anything from 1970-back lasts only minutes once it's posted. I've only charged people for selling bikes if I have the bike.
EASY