May 02, 2024, 04:04:50 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

reprogramming ecm after bad tts load

Started by kevmac, February 14, 2009, 10:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevmac

Has anyone gone back to the dealer to have the ecm reprogramed to stock? The tts half loaded mine and now its nada. Just wondering what it cost or if any dealer can do it.
07 RK 103 bob wright heads, wt4d, and so on.
05 custom chop 113ci 10
98 fatbo

Blackbaggr

Not sure but isn't there a feature that allows you to restore to stock....as long as YOU saved the original.

kevmac

05 custom chop 113ci 10
98 fatbo

FLTRI

First, try disconnecting the connector @ the ECM for a couple mins.
Then retry.
If that fails and you have not saved the original ECM calibration, load it on a truck (cause it doesn't run, right?) and have a dealer reflash the original calibration back in. (possibly $50)
Then everything should be fine.
HTH,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

kevmac

thanx bob, thats the info I was looking for :smile:
05 custom chop 113ci 10
98 fatbo

ToBeFrank

Quote from: FLTRI on February 14, 2009, 12:48:54 PMreflash the original calibration back in. (possibly $50)

The bolded part is key. They don't get charged by Harley to reload the original calibration so they shouldn't charge you for the calibration. My dealer did charge me an hour labor to do it, even though it only takes 5 minutes.

sportygordy

They charged me an hour shop rate to re-flash mine on digital tech a few months ago. If you haven't done so yet, make sure you save the factory settings then you can preform your own restore. If you saved the factory settings run the restore procedure and you should be good to go.  :up: