April 28, 2024, 08:34:13 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Shocks for 883

Started by 8flhtc8, February 14, 2009, 01:36:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

8flhtc8

Hi All,
Now that its warm enough to work in an unheated garage its time to play.  My wife's 883 kicks butt, literally.  I swear just going over a tar strip is enough to slap you a$$.  The settings are as low as they can go so I am asking input from others on alternative shocks.  It is a fun bike to ride once in awhile until I get to 45 or 50 then it feels like an old hard tail.
Thanks,
Mike

sportytrace

Hey Mike, I had the same problem with my bike originally. I'm not sure if your wife's bike is an 883 standard or 883L (and whether you are trying to keep it at a low height for her)?
I tried a few different set-ups and ended up finding that a 2nd hand set of showa shocks taken off the pre-rubber mounts 1200S to be excellent. I've also been messing around with my forks trying to get them right- currently have works dual rate fork springs but have a set of Intiminators (a new product from Ricor https://store.ricorshocks.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=27) on the way to give them a try. If they live up to what I've read about them, they should make the bike an awesome ride :)

rooster

I put the Burly Slammer kit on my wifes 03 883 hugger.  Not only looks good but rides a lot better than stock.
Rooster