New guy from South Dakota

Started by traveler5769, February 14, 2009, 07:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

traveler5769

February 14, 2009, 07:28:50 PM Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 07:41:31 PM by traveler5769
Hi everyone!

My name is Joe, I am a career NCO in the US Air Force, and I live 28 miles from main street Sturgis, in South Dakota.

I used to be on the old HTT site as "TridentBean"....I know weird name....it was an auto generated name given to me by MSN.

Anyway......At present, I only have one bike, a 2005 Superglide with fuel injection.  I bought the bike new in June of '05, and have done quite a bit of modification to it.

I started with a S&S gear drive cam conversion kit and S&S 510G gear drive cams.  The cam bearings were changed to timken style at the same time, as well as some Screamin' Eagle Chromoly adjustable pushrods.  Then I went to the primary side and went with the Screamin' Eagle Primary chain "gear down" kit, an Screamin' eagle pressure plate and a HB 125 automatic primary chain adjsuter.  1958 Tank emblem on the derby cover.

Started the tuning with a Stage 1 download and then put a Power Commander on top of that.  The download bumped the redline, the timing, and with the PC III I'm at 13.7 A/F all the way across the board.

For exhaust, I decided that the stock tubes would be fine on stock heads, plus I wanted the crossover tube to help scavenge exhasut.  S&S mufflers are a true performance design, and with those on there, things just work great!

"Performance wise" that about covers it.  In the looks department much has been done as well.

The rear fender has been shaved, and I have a side mounted vertical license plate setup with a Model A Ford tailight.  Black Krinkle fender strut covers, 11" Progressive 412 Heavy Duty shocks in the rear, and a 1200C rear disc wheel and chrome brake caliper round out the back.

Moving forward, a 1" under jiffy stand, and a leather High End solo seat with Harley logo on it and a black krinkle battery box cover with a '58 Tank emblem finish it off well.

Front end:  3 degree bearing cups, Rick Doss softtail front end with 3 degree trees, 21" narrow front wheel, ALL chrome.  "Spear" style, cutdown front fender, black krinkle powercoated.  Chrome brake caliper.  Adjure style headlight. 13" tall Apes 1.25 dia, with braided cables, all chromed controls, the "works", 14X14 Aero shield windscreen that fits right in between the apes.

~Joe

HV

Welcome to the board.....damn nice lookin Ride  :up:
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

traveler5769

thanks!

I really like it.

sold my rigid sporty I built about 4 months ago.  So I'm down to 1 bike now.

Here is a couple pic's of the rigid I built myself and sold.  I built it out of nine different bikes.  The frame was a 1994 with a clear title with a LedSled customs rigid tail, battery box and oil tank.  Engine was a 1993 883.

~Joe