06 Ultra 95" 551 cams TTS Vtune results

Started by wolf_59, April 29, 2013, 03:28:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wolf_59

Well I've been bragging about these cams in my touring bike for awhile about how well they pull but no dyno sheet for them, Well Durango HD is having free dyno pulls on Saturday so I've been working my timing tables and decided to do a VTune run today just to get ready for Saturday here is what it's looking like so far

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

wolf_59

April 29, 2013, 03:30:17 PM #1 Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 03:39:13 PM by wolf_59
For life of me I'm challenged when it comes to posting pictures
I'm not worried about the areas that are at 127 - 127.5 this is not an area that I would normally ride in and some of the other areas that are brighter red are where I have been making EGR adjustments

wolf_59

Here is the new VE tables that I got using Tobefrank's Mytune program and I just smoothed everything up and down accordingly

wolf_59

April 29, 2013, 03:56:54 PM #3 Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 04:00:44 PM by wolf_59
And here is the odd looking graphs from all this

mayor

that has to be the most complete TPS based histogram I've ever seen.  what's your secrets to getting the very heavy throttle to read?  I always ended up generating too much MAP at the heavy throttle % areas.   
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

wolf_59

6000 ft. Elevation is the only reason that I can hit all of the cells without maxing out the map readings although when the weather is right I have seen map readings as high as a whooping 89 kpa but then vtune kicks out at just under 85 kpa

Coyote

Quote from: mayor on April 29, 2013, 05:28:54 PM
that has to be the most complete TPS based histogram I've ever seen. 

I thought it was lambda when I first glanced at it.  :up:

mayor

high elevation, now that makes sense.  I don't trust the values in your 1750 and less rpm ranges at heavy throttle.  I just don't think those high VE values are right. 

wolf_59

Quote from: mayor on April 29, 2013, 05:46:43 PM
high elevation, now that makes sense.  I don't trust the values in your 1750 and less rpm ranges at heavy throttle.  I just don't think those high VE values are right. 
Yeah I know I didn't trust them either so I actually did it 3 times (3rd times a charm) and kept ending up the same
each time I started with values in the upper 90's to 100 and I could get all the cells filled in that area but when running the vtune program and even the Mytune program I wouldn't get any data back in this area same as if it was set to high (out of range of the O2 sensors) so I started extending the values upwards and started getting new ve values. The closer I was able to get it the smoother the 5th gear roll on's became to be able to hit those cells  :nix:

wolf_59

April 30, 2013, 06:09:42 AM #9 Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 06:19:58 AM by wolf_59
Here is the histogram and vtune results from what I was talking about in the last post, Notice I was only trying to verify 100% tps and I should have gotten some new values in the 1500-2000 rpm 100% tps range but didn't so I used the average values from the histogram to create a starting point for the new ve's in this area which then started to give results

strokerjlk

What is your idle kpa ?
That tractor cam is tuning out nice .
What exhaust was it?
Looking forward to your dyno run.
Nice job .
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

wolf_59

April 30, 2013, 02:42:15 PM #11 Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 10:40:26 AM by wolf_59
Idle 35-36 kpa
Exhaust is Fullsac true dual conversion with Screaming Eagle Fatshotz 18 disc closed end caps, Tried running open end caps but was a little too loud for what I like for a touring bike
Nothing fancy about this 95" cast flat tops .030 gasket stock heads shaved .020, stock air box with K&N filter and I built a catch can that fits inside the air box with the breather tube going to the air filter seems to work pretty well dumped about 3 oz of mostly water out of it yesterday from riding over the winter

strokerjlk

Sounds real good .
Though maybe you were operating in a 50 kpa - 100 kpa range .
That would make the higher kpa'a easier to hit.
Sounds like its the elevation, like you said
Again nice job.
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

Overcamber

what was your torque /hp values for your pulls?
Due to the rising cost of Ammunition a warning shot Won't be fired !

wolf_59

Quote from: Overcamber on May 02, 2013, 04:39:33 AM
what was your torque /hp values for your pulls?
Planning on getting the dyno pull on Saturday

Overcamber

Overcamber

get there early/ I'm sure FREE will be a hit!  :soda:

wolf_59

May 04, 2013, 04:03:47 PM #17 Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:24:19 PM by wolf_59
 They would only do 4th gear pulls "because that is what we were taught in school"  but for free I'm not going to complain but I would have liked to see a 5th gear pull (more apples to apples comparison). Quite a few bikes showed up most stock with air filter upgrades and loud pipes stage 1 downloads 103's pulling 82 tq and 63 hp, 96's pulling 69-70 tq and 60-62 hp, so I felt good about what I had accomplished with this bike until a guy shows up with a 103 all stock engine with a turbo set at 8lbs boost pulled 137 tq and 124 hp, Nah I still feel good about my bike LOL we were watching the dyno run and the service manager says "wait a minute is that the stock air cleaner" I just smiled and said yes it is

Overcamber

That looks great! Would a 5th gear pull given higher numbers?

wolf_59

I believe it would, the dyno in datamaster was showing 100 tq at just under 3000 rpm

Coyote

Quote from: wolf_59 on May 04, 2013, 06:01:29 PM
I believe it would, the dyno in datamaster was showing 100 tq at just under 3000 rpm

Was that SAE corrected?  :wink:

wolf_59

:hyst: I think the weather stack was on the fritz that day

mayor

good job   :up:  I'm guessing since the pull was free, no afr sampling was done? 

I played around with the datamaster dyno quite a few times, never could get it to read out the same as known values from dyno runs.  The problem comes in with how to control the initial inertia.  No matter what the bike is accelerating or decelerating prior to starting the on the street dyno run, and that can affect the calculated output (at least in my mind).   Besides, I'm not sure that the datamaster program takes into consideration the environmental aspects (elevation, etc.). 

wolf_59

May 05, 2013, 05:21:41 AM #23 Last Edit: May 05, 2013, 05:30:42 AM by wolf_59
Quote from: mayor on May 05, 2013, 04:07:07 AM
good job   :up:  I'm guessing since the pull was free, no afr sampling was done? 

I played around with the datamaster dyno quite a few times, never could get it to read out the same as known values from dyno runs.  The problem comes in with how to control the initial inertia.  No matter what the bike is accelerating or decelerating prior to starting the on the street dyno run, and that can affect the calculated output (at least in my mind).   Besides, I'm not sure that the datamaster program takes into consideration the environmental aspects (elevation, etc.). 
Thanks Mayor, You are correct on the no air sampling
I use the datamaster  dyno results quite a bit myself as a before and after tool in the same direction and section of road but nothing that I would hang my hat on thats why I wanted to get this on the dyno now I have a comparison

wolf_59

Here is a copy of the final map for you guys to take a look at. The only changes that I have made is clb which I normally set to 700 after vtuning at 447 I decided to try setting those tables back to original just to see if there will be any noticeable difference