April 28, 2024, 03:16:02 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New Member From NC

Started by Rick7938, May 04, 2013, 02:58:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick7938

Hi, all. I'm new to the forum since I just found it. Another great resource for all things Harley.

I'm a 64 year old military retiree who has been riding Harleys since 1964.  I bought a slightly wrecked '64 Sportster at an insurance auction, fixed it in the typical poor mill hill kid fashion and was hooked. I've had various flavors of the Big Twins over the years, but have never been without at least one Sportster.

I like the B-T's, but love my Sporties. My current bike is a 2006 Sportster Roadster, and is the best Harley I have ever had. At my age, it will probably be my last. I still work as a military contractor, but when I turn 66, I'm planning on retiring, riding my bike with my wife (she has her own Sporty), and enjoying a little personal life for a change. I can't ride far at a time because of health issues, but I can ride often.

I look forward to enjoying the forum. My best to you all.
[URL=http://s1197.photobucket.com/user/rick7938/media/2006%20Roadster/231a1557-8

moose

welcome you know you do not have to get up early for reveille around here 
Moose aka Glenn-