April 28, 2024, 11:42:29 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

cams for 01 1200

Started by jazzman713, February 15, 2009, 06:59:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazzman713

im going to put some new cams in my stock 1200 i was told that the andrews #8 would be a good cam. i know little on how to pick a cam. in changing out the cams is there any thing else i will need to change like the ignition system? down the road i will want to clean up the heads so i will need a cam that will work at that time as well. right now all i have done is put a pro pipe and a se breather and rejet the carb. thanks

mayor

The N8 will do just fine in your stock 1200, more compression would be better though.  You should be fine with your current ignition. 
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

jazzman713

would the n4 work better down the road i might have the heads cleaned up but with money the way it is dont know when

mayor

The N4's and N8's aren't that much different, but the N8's come with an earlier intake close and slightly longer exhaust duration.  I'd stick with the N8's.
warning, this poster suffers from bizarre delusions

hotbo

we are doing the n4s with deweys head work[don dorfman} on our 1200 sporty conversion.i agree with mayor stick with the n8s b/c of the earlier intake closing.we will have 10-5 with our n4s.
03 fatty 124"  S&S Super G/Bored w/T-jet,Dragos Softail Exh.