April 27, 2024, 12:23:05 AM

News:

Replacing risers and bars.

Started by Panzer, May 14, 2013, 06:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Panzer

My son has a 05 VSRCB that he would like to install 6" (six inch) risers.
Here is his questions just as I received them from his e-mail

I think 6 inch risers will work but would like a second and third opinion. And yes I want straight/drag bars for it. And also, if the wires and cables will fit or need longer ones. I think they would still fit with the 6 inch riser bars.
Any help is appreciated....TIA
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

dirty jim

THE BIGGEST QUESTION IN MY FEEBLE MIND IS "WHERE DO YOU PUT THE GUAGES?" THE STOCK BARS ARE BASICLLY "T" BARS WITH SMALL PAD EYES WELDED ON TO ATTACH THE "CLAMSHELL".

Panzer

According to him, that's why he wants risers.
Anyone else with suggestions?

Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Hal64hd

May 17, 2013, 02:29:45 PM #3 Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 02:38:17 PM by Hal64hd
If memory serves me right (might be the meds) The VRSCB has 3 piece handlebars unlike the VRSCA with a one piece handlebar. The gauge cluster bolts to the upper handlebar clamp.

PICTURES HERE http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123262

Instead of risers maybe some handlebars 6 inch up and straight like a drag bar  As for the brake lines, the original one is a one piece setup. New brake line can be pieced together with Russell lines and fittings (which can be quite costly) I would think the throttle cables would have to be 5-6 inches over stock. But that is also depends on the width of the bars along with the height.

Also a popular handle bar that is widely used on the V-Rod are Rizomas

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Panzer

Thanks Hal, will pass on the info.
Always looking for more input.