April 27, 2024, 01:19:23 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Adjustable push rods for twin camm 88

Started by ΚĜΗΟŜΤ, May 17, 2013, 07:55:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

Friend has a ticking lifter and wants to replace his bad lifter. He says rear cyclinder and only one.
He has been adviced to cut original nonadjustales and install new lifter with adjustable pushrod.
Any advice on a good and reasonable priced set of adjustable push rods?

Thanks

Twin cam 88 motor. stock. 2001-2002 model year I believe.
Member since 2004

fidel

Eglider05

Quote from: ΚĜΗΟŜΤ on May 17, 2013, 07:55:58 AM
Friend has a ticking lifter and wants to replace his bad lifter. He says rear cyclinder and only one.
He has been adviced to cut original nonadjustales and install new lifter with adjustable pushrod.
Any advice on a good and reasonable priced set of adjustable push rods?

Thanks

Twin cam 88 motor. stock. 2001-2002 model year I believe.

The SE adjustable pushrods work fine in my 120" and it frequently sees 6K+ rpm.

Rick

99 EVO Fatboy Rider

I've got Rivera taperlite. I've pounded the piss out of them. I had a lifter fail with 53,000 on the build. It took out my cam and mar my rocker arm on that valve. The pushrod was perfect, so I can say with out a doubt I won't look else where.

Ohio HD

Smith Bros here, and they see 6,000 rpm every time I ride. Usually much more than one time.

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FSG

My personal bike still runs the no longer available Jim Titanium PR but I'm thinking of getting some Smith Brothers PR, so for those that are what P/N are you using?

Jeffd

seems like a few upper end gaskets would be cheaper and pretty easy to do.