Yet another question regarding closed spark tables

Started by exrn, May 17, 2013, 07:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

exrn

Bike is a 2010 Ultra Classic, V&H Monster Ovals, Big Sucker, and Fuel Moto Jackpot 2:1:2 headers. After 18 months and 20K miles since my last TTS tune, I decided to check and possibly tweak the tuning. All went well. However, since installing the Monster Ovals, I have always had a slight pop/burble at 1700-2k rpm, about 30kpa, and I decided to investigate this time around. It is most obvious when in first under no load when decelerating, or easing through a 25mph area. So on searching the forum, I find a few entries discussing closed spark tables. These seem to indicate that, and I quote an example, "make the 15-kpa tables match say from 0-2k rpm, and make that match your closed spark tables". I have some questions:
Baseline Cal is CTC009-03-0A
Changing the main spark tables say 0-2k rpm, how does one decide what value to set these to?. As a default, these vary so to set them all to a set value one needs to know what that value would be for one's bike. 22*, or 27", or what?. One could run a spark recording, but what am I looking for?. What is the advance at certain kpas?.
Are these values the same for both front and rear cylinders?.
Close spark tables are like a few tables, based on engine temperature *C. Do I change all cells to be the same, both for front and rear?.
If these tables are based on *C, and only go to 48*, a warmed up bike would be 112*C and up, so what is the significance of these tables regarding temperature. A few tables are like this, and I have always been confused as to why they end at 48*.
As a another question, why not have a properties setting to show tables for *F and not *C?. Probably a Steve question.
Thanks for any input.

hrdtail78

What ever value is in the last cell. 48c will carry on out.  This is the same for the other tables that do this as well. 
Semper Fi

exrn