April 27, 2024, 01:37:15 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

2000 X1 Lightning Project

Started by Simple Guy, May 23, 2013, 06:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simple Guy

So I have decided to start a new project on my buell. I would like to take a XB9 05 crank that I have and put it in my 2000 cases is there big differences in the XB9 crank that won't let me do this?? The end goal is to make it a 1000 cc high rev bike making about 110 hp and 100 tq. As I go threw this project I will post progress pics for the guys that want to see.

garyajaz

got nothing for ya.
looks like no one else either.
find a parts book or ol buell dealer and compare part numbers and check for superceede.
my what fits what book ends long years ago.
is your 2000 running?

Simple Guy

XB-9 crank has shorter stroke but to keep the cyl's the same the rods are longer. Also the primary side shaft takes the twin cam flat roller bearings. Im going to turn the shaft down to put on the 2000 timken bearing again then I won't have to mess with my cases.

Update on the motor build is that im not seeing how I am going to be able to make the hp/tq that I want in the end I am pretty sure that I can get the HP but not the TQ but will see what comes
Any advise and thoughts are welcome