April 28, 2024, 12:10:19 AM

News:

already planning next move....

Started by Mother, May 24, 2013, 02:30:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mother

the choke point on the 124  is the RB Blackhole muffler.  my original goal was a fairly quiet 140hp  cruiser.   bike is on the dyno as I post this. we ran  out of time  and the motor went together before the port work was truly finished so we could get out and ride this summer.  plans:  send pipe back to RB so they can convert it to a Spyder  collector and muffler,  give the heads too Torque Inc to work(gnaw) them,  and thinking of taking the booster out of the G  carb.  it may interfere with the  t-jet. I will post numbers and sheet when I can
155hp/149tq Hyperformance iron cylinder 131. JW Performance heads

mrmike

I think your going to need another bike, ya know.... to ride.  :wink:

Mike
I'm not leaving til I have a good time

Ohio HD

Quote from: mrmike on May 24, 2013, 02:38:43 PM
I think your going to need another bike, ya know.... to ride.  :wink:

Mike

Ha!

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

build it

Did you reach your goal, the "was" is throwing me off?

Get the principles down first, they'll never change.

jsachs1

Maybe it's me, but I've always found the booster hurts my "E & G" carbs 3 to 5 hp.  :emsad:
John

wfolarry

Quote from: jsachs1 on May 24, 2013, 04:36:07 PM
Maybe it's me, but I've always found the booster hurts my "E & G" carbs 3 to 5 hp.  :emsad:
John

but did it help the tuneability? I've found that with certain combos it really helped with the drivability.
I'm startin' to sound like a hillbillity :teeth:

Mother

I'm thinkin' the booster is interfering with the Thunderjet :scratch:

wfolarry

Quote from: Mother on May 25, 2013, 07:18:53 PM
I never could get them to work together. It was either one or the other.

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: jsachs1 on May 24, 2013, 04:36:07 PM
John

Was that with the throttle body bored, not, or both cases?

Quote from: Mother on May 25, 2013, 07:18:53 PM

Dump the booster.. It kills flow worse than the T-jet.  A good tuned G, bored with J-jet was almost have fuel injection like afr at WOT. Needs a bigger filter fer sure.. You'll probably need to cross drill the T-jet air bleed to set when the T jet comes on to a higher RPM..

Max

Mother

I think I am dumping the booster....

jsachs1

May 26, 2013, 03:10:32 PM #10 Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 05:04:47 PM by jsachs1
Larry,
No driveability issues with or without the booster unless the WRONG exhaust system was used.
Max,
All bored carbs, you should know that.  :wink:
John

[attachment removed after 60 days by system]

Admiral Akbar

QuoteAll bored carbs, you should know that.

I figured so much but have trouble reading your mind at times..  :embarrassed:

Max

Mother

This is what happened....The original head porter, NOT John from Torque Inc, removed too much material from around the exhaust guide boss. We have found oil bypassing the guide through a couple cracks. Looking at the area and cracks it was determined that it was a better idea to replace the head than to try and fix this issue. John stepped into this project when the original head porter dropped the ball. THANK YOU John.
  john has offered up his personal set of 110 heads for me to run while a replacement head is ordered in and ported(by John). All I can say I wish I had talked to john at the beginning of this project. it will be cool to run the 110 heads and then the Hurricane set up and see the difference. again THANK YOU John for bailing me out of a bad situation!