May 02, 2024, 02:11:03 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Saving factory settings with TTS

Started by Sailor285, February 17, 2009, 05:38:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor285

Ok ..I'm freakin anal so I double question the meaning of every instruction I read,  so reading the instructions for anything is confusing.... I looked through the instructions for the TTS and I know its so supposed to be very simple and I'm sure it is ..but I cant see how to save the original map of my 08 bagger in case I need it later...I hook up cables turn ign and run on make sure the software communicates....open a file to load then down load it ...but where in this procedure and how..do I save the original factory map??? So for such a stupid question...I'll have more later as I have been reading about the Vtune ect and I don't get it......I'm a show me and the lights go off and I say well that's easy...LOL

TIA
Dan

Sailor285

Ive read the instuctions again and think this is it???? get a base map the go to file and hit save or restore factory????Yes???? Then load new base map? 

Dan

Steve Cole

Yes, you go under the "File" then "Save and Restore" Once there you will need to tell the software selection to save the original file. It will then ask you for some information then it will make a copy of your bike. Note that this saved file is only good for your bike and no one else's. To do a restore at a later data all you do different is to select restore instead save.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Hogflash

Sounds like you got it.  Select the "File - Save or Restore Factory Calibration" menu first (you don't need to have a file loaded).  That will bring up the save and restore form.  From its menu, select your COM port and select the "Command - Save ECM Calibration" option.  Next, turn on the ignition and handlebar switch and press the "Get ECM Info" button to make sure you are communicating with the bike.

If that is all working , then press the "Save ECM Calibration" to upload your stock cal.  It will present a form you can type in some information and a file name.  The upload will take about 1 minute.

Make sure the upload goes off without a hitch before you try programming - It is a good dry run!

Sailor285

Thanks...I'll get this stuff if it kills me LOL....I know it's really simple...

Dan

Arrowsmit

I saved the Stage 2 flash that my bike had in it before loading a TTS file. Now that I have it running good can I do a 'save factory calibration' again to overwrite the Stage 2 flash w/my current TTS map?

VicW.

glens

Why not hang on to copies of both calibrations?

Steve Cole

You can do a save but since you already have the calibration that you programmed in I do not know there would be any reason for it.
The Best you know, is the Best you've had........ not necessarily the Best.

Arrowsmit

Thanks guys. Excuse the dumb question but the Stage 2 is Digital Tech Part Nbr: 32853-02C/DT, Calibration ID: 32853-02C for 1550 touring w/stock heads, 203 cams & doesn't match my build well at all. Never did. Cost me $150 at a stealership & since it sounds like there's nothing to be gained by discarding it I'll leave it alone...THANKS!

VicW.

Sailor285

Next question...I'll be loading a TD-200file..so I looked at the v tune software and it asks for a vtune file DM3 if I remember...Well do I use one from the samples??? Damn I'm so stupid LOL

Dan

Hogflash

Dan,

Recommend you use the TD205-002-C1.MT7 file instead of the TD200.  This new 205 file has many improvements (including better heat management) over the old 200 file and will work in both the 2008 and 2009 touring bikes.

You need to program this file into the bike, then use DataMaster to collect a VTune data file while you ride the bike.  See the DataMaster help file under Data Recording - Recording VTune data for more info on how to do this.

After you have collected this data, you use the VTune program to combine the Datamaster (DM3) file with the MasterTune (MT7) file and generate a new corrected MasterTune file.  Then, program this new file into the bike.

Then you repeat the process all over again.  Each time you use VTune to correct the current calibration and generate a new calibration that is more accurate.  It usually takes about 3 times to get a calibration that is very good.

HTH

Gary

Sailor285

I knew I was missing the boat somewhere...I couldn't find the Icon for datamaster on the lap top lol....Thanks!!!! I'll get this thing...Don't worry lots more questions when the weather gets better...Just got 10 inches of snow last night so its gonna be a while till I can tune....
Dan