103 andrews 57 wfo heads pro-pipe chrome TTS starting point ?

Started by bajabob, June 02, 2013, 08:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bajabob

There doesn't seem to be a cal with cam specs even close to the 57.  would like to get the break-in done b4 dyno next week. If I make the IVO adjustment via cam select in TTS  when is the starting point close enough?  5 degrees?  10 degrees?? what consideration should I give IVC or duration?  Don't want a meltdown.  Any reccomendations?        Thanks in advance
Better to remain silent and appear ignorant than to speak and remove all doubt

strokerjlk

2010 softail IIRC
I think your better off to seat the rings on the dyno.
But ... PC 176 -002B1.mt7 is a good cal.
Open the map . Highlight all the 14.6 closed loop cells , drop them all to 13.8 Afr
Next go to constants . Enter your correct inj size. Then increase ci 10% (113.9)
Save it and flash it to the ECM . This will be safe to seat the rings .
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

rbabos

I would seriously drop the warmup table if this is done as well. It will be extremely rich on cold start otherwise. You don't want too rich either to wash the rings right off the bat.
Ron

strokerjlk

Quote from: rbabos on June 02, 2013, 10:14:07 AM

I would seriously drop the warmup table if this is done as well. It will be extremely rich on cold start otherwise. You don't want too rich either to wash the rings right off the bat.
Ron
Good point ron cut them in half . I do this automatically on every cal .
Most warmup enrichment tables are way to much .

bajabob

Jim , is there a cross reference to mt8  my mt7 files seem to be ltd and I have no pc 176 002b1

strokerjlk

Quote from: bajabob on June 02, 2013, 02:13:16 PM
Jim , is there a cross reference to mt8  my mt7 files seem to be ltd and I have no pc 176 002b1
yes DPC 176
but it will probably idle like crap. until you play with the IVC/ IVO settings .
click on the drop down tab  and select mt 7 :up:

bajabob

thanks again Jim and Ron,     now that I do what you suggest I also use the cam estimator to get closer to my IVO and IVC and transfer  data.  If I open the cal I see the changes but when I try to program the ecm it only loads the base cal.     What am I missing?

Thanks, BajaBob

wurk_truk

Using the cam estimator tool does change the calibration.  But one cannot use the cam estimator tool to see what is presently in the calibration.  Go to the tuning constants page... the one with the injector size, cubic inches, etc.  One the right, you will see a tab for cam settings, along with PE mode, ETIMS, etc.  That is the actual cam settings.  The cam tool estimator always seems to be stuck on like 4/3 or some such. So, you should always look at the constants page for the real settings.
Oh No!

KiwiRob

Quote from: bajabob on June 10, 2013, 03:19:40 PM
thanks again Jim and Ron,     now that I do what you suggest I also use the cam estimator to get closer to my IVO and IVC and transfer  data.  If I open the cal I see the changes but when I try to program the ecm it only loads the base cal.     What am I missing?

Thanks, BajaBob

Did you save the calibration after you changed the cam settings?- Rob

happyman

Quote from: strokerjlk on June 02, 2013, 09:03:58 AM
2010 softail IIRC
I think your better off to seat the rings on the dyno.
But ... PC 176 -002B1.mt7 is a good cal.
Open the map . Highlight all the 14.6 closed loop cells , drop them all to 13.8 Afr
Next go to constants . Enter your correct inj size. Then increase ci 10% (113.9)
Save it and flash it to the ECM . This will be safe to seat the rings .

so the tuning is not in closed loop after this is done?? in order to get to 13.8 it has to be in open loop  i always thought? seems 14.1 or 14.2 was bout it  for closed loop?  trying to figure out what is what on this.
Thaks