May 05, 2024, 10:20:09 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Oil Not cirulating threw motor!

Started by RayRay12, June 11, 2013, 06:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RayRay12

77 Ironhead, I rebuilt oil pump put new Check valve in it! Oil is not circulating threw motor!! What else could it be?? one way valve on primary side is clear! all oil lines are where they are suppose to be!
I'm at a loss here! HELP!!!
Run your fingers over my bike, I run my Bike over you!

Ajayrk

Your feed and return oil line could be mixed up.  With a full oil tank and the bike straight up; does oil pump through?  If so your lines are mixed up.
AJ

garyajaz

Took it all apart an like I figured, the pins are sheared! Ground down two pins to fit!! Going to put it back together this afternoon! Should be good ta go!!
I'll get back later!

your post from before.
time to get back in there

RayRay12

Quote from: garyajaz on June 11, 2013, 09:21:10 PM
Took it all apart an like I figured, the pins are sheared! Ground down two pins to fit!! Going to put it back together this afternoon! Should be good ta go!!
I'll get back later!

your post from before.
time to get back in there
after I did all that I seen the check valve was in pieces! I put a new one in! still nothing!!

garyajaz

so you too it apart again and everything good?
is oil getting to pump?  the home made pins?
take pressure sensor off pump and see if oil comes out.  you know.  gravety
air bubble? something clogged or pinched?
remove spark plugs...turn over.  prime the thing..
they pretty simple.
i usuallly take off a line to head and make sure oil is pumping.
prime prior to starting.  then check with finger in oil bag to feel return.

RayRay12

Haven't had time to get back to it yet!! too many other payin jobs to get done first!! I'm thinkin the check valve was preventing it from flowing!! I'll let ya know when I ever get back to it!

RayRay12

It's back together and running great except for one broken Spring! Pushrod or Rocker spring on top of pushrod! Lucky it's the Front and not the back!! If it was the Back?? I'd have to take the motor out just to get to it!

Maddog

if so on the rear just pull the head off,,,,  I know i know you said the front   :soda:

RayRay12

Quote from: Maddog on July 07, 2013, 10:42:56 AM
if so on the rear just pull the head off,,,,  I know i know you said the front   :soda:
Ur right just pull the head off!! I'm lucky it's the front!!!

nucklhead13

There is one trick that must be used to make sure the oil makes it to the oil pump every time one changes the oil. You keep the oil feed hose off of the pump as the oil gets put into the oil tank. Then when some starts out the hose you go ahead and hose clamp the hose to the pump. I tend to make sure the hose will slide in place and keep it lined up before this.

RayRay12

Quote from: nucklhead13 on September 04, 2013, 07:35:09 PM
There is one trick that must be used to make sure the oil makes it to the oil pump every time one changes the oil. You keep the oil feed hose off of the pump as the oil gets put into the oil tank. Then when some starts out the hose you go ahead and hose clamp the hose to the pump. I tend to make sure the hose will slide in place and keep it lined up before this.
I Finaly got it all fixed and sold her!! $2500. I gave her Away!! I spent way too much money and time on her! Hopefully the new owner will take care of her now!!