April 28, 2024, 04:18:20 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Error Reading Interface

Started by 06roadglide, June 24, 2013, 06:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

06roadglide

I have a the tech question for you guys.

I've been trying to do some Data logging using my black TTS.  About 20% of time it will sync up without issues but the remaining 80% it won't. It will sometimes sync then lose it in a few seconds or just not sync at all. I've tried switching USB ports, com ports and updating serial-USB adapter driver.
TTS prompts me with "Error Reading Interface"

My Laptop is the same one I've used for a few years now, Win7 home edition and my USB-serial adapter is a Trendnet TS-U9. which is the same one I've always used with my TTS and this laptop.
Is it possible that after doing some TTS updates that my adapter isn't capable of enough kbps and losing the connection that way?
Or
Do I need a new adapter?
Or
I'm I experiencing a problem with my Dongle?

harpwrench

I seemed to have less com port issues with TTS if I disconnected from the home wi-fi. Super Tuner has aborted a couple times too and I was on wifi both times. May all be coincidence though.

06roadglide

It couldn't have been that, It wasn't connected, wifi or ethernet

06roadglide

Picked up a new USB-serial adapter today. It's still doing the same thing.

06roadglide

Anyone near 45311 that has a TTS and computer? I'm trying to connect my bike with mine to do some data logging but having issues.  Want to see if it's possibly my bike having problems with connecting and not my TTS unit.

FLTRI

The way it was explained to me when we first started working with USB adapter issues for connectability.
There is a plethora of serial/USB adapters out there but there is a fundamental difference between them.
Some adapters allow data communications both ways.
Some adapters only allow 1 way.
This is why TTS researched an adapter that works...for sure.
There may be other communications differences/issues between adapters that add to compatibility but I do know what TTS sells works for sure.
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

06roadglide

Anyone have a link to where I can get just the TTS adapter?

BVHOG

I use this one with no issues http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F5U409
Do you by any chance have digital guages, if so you may need to pull the accessory fuse
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

FLTRI

Quote from: 06roadglide on July 11, 2013, 10:16:16 AM
Anyone have a link to where I can get just the TTS adapter?
Call TTS direct for this.
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

06roadglide

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

I called TTS directly and got their adapter and its working great so far.

I don't know what changed to make my old adapter stop working but it's nice that it was a cheap fix.

06roadglide

Quote from: BVHOG on July 11, 2013, 11:49:42 AM
I use this one with no issues http://www.belkin.com/us/p/P-F5U409
Do you by any chance have digital guages, if so you may need to pull the accessory fuse

I didn't notice this post.  Not sure if I tried the exact adapter that you have.  I do know that one of the the I tried was a belkin. But to answer it in case anyone else searches for answers for a similar problem.
No.  I have all the original 06 road glide gauges.