May 01, 2024, 04:40:52 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

TTS..... Orig factory file

Started by Sailor285, February 19, 2009, 02:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sailor285

Is there any way to view this file? Wanted to look at the timing tables for it....On my 08 RG with stock file before adding cam..I always ran reg fuel (87 octaine) with no pinging issues... Wanted to see the orig timing map as a start as I will continue to run 87 oct....Build now is stock 96 K7N replacement for stock filter..Fulsac true duals ..Bassanii slip ons and Andrews TW26H cams....I loaded the TD205-002-C1.MT7  file as a starter...was wondering how that copared to the stock timing map...Thanks , Dan

Hogflash

Dan,

There is no way to view the MTE upload file.  However, if you look at file TA205-002-C1, this is a stock bike with just an air cleaner, so the timing map will be very close to stock.

Gary

FLTRI

Quote from: Sailor285 on February 19, 2009, 02:52:33 PM
Is there any way to view this file? Wanted to look at the timing tables for it....On my 08 RG with stock file before adding cam..I always ran reg fuel (87 octaine) with no pinging issues... Wanted to see the orig timing map as a start as I will continue to run 87 oct....Build now is stock 96 K7N replacement for stock filter..Fulsac true duals ..Bassanii slip ons and Andrews TW26H cams....I loaded the TD205-002-C1.MT7  file as a starter...was wondering how that copared to the stock timing map...Thanks , Dan
Since these engine management systems read knock or ping they automatically remove timing to alleviate it as necessary. The downside to running low octane fuel is the fuel mileage and performance lost from retarded timing. The mileage goes down with less throttle response and power with 87 octane. Cars/trucks have the same feature and they get crappy mileage due to the ethanol added to the fuels we have now. ie: a car that should get 32mpg may only get 27mpg due to the retarded timing for the crappy low octane fuel. Same goes for motorcycles with knock sensing capability.
You can certainly get away with low octane but be aware of what you give up doing so.
Just saying,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Sailor285

Thanks guys..

Bob I've been using 87 mostly since day 1 ..Have 20K miles my average is 47MPG  thats with lowers and a tour pack with a fat ass guy LOL...I've gotten as high as 54MPG ..I dont beat on it and mostly keep it around 70 Even when I've done long stretches at 90 the worst I've gotten 42..Best milage I ever gotten on a bagger..I tried higher octain and found no diff in mileage ....I did notice a little more zip with the 93..but at 40cent a gal more and you can hardley find 93 any more it's just not worth it for a basically stock touring bike...On the other hand my heritage is a 10:1 comp with supertrapp, andrews 44 now that only sees high octaine ...

Dan

FLTRI

Quote from: Sailor285 on February 20, 2009, 07:48:04 AM
Bob I've been using 87 mostly since day 1 ..Have 20K miles my average is 47MPG  thats with lowers and a tour pack with a fat ass guy LOL...I've gotten as high as 54MPG
WOW!!! Gotta hand it to ya! Those are numbers I can only dream about. LOL! The absolute best I've ever got on the highway has been 45mpg @ 75-80mph. 54 mpg would be only if I was perpetually going downhill.  :smilep:
There's certainly something to be said for the mileage from a new closed loop, lean running, bike, just don't know many folks with one. Now that you have modded yours let us know what mileage you get.
Thanks for the info,
Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

Sailor285

A friend also has an 08 RG with lowers ..no tour pack ..Has a 103 and Fat Cat and He gets about the same... Don't know if he uses reg gas though..I know of others with 08 Baggers that do near that I'll let you know when I can get it out of this freakin snow lol....Dan

sportygordy

Quote from: Sailor285 on February 20, 2009, 07:48:04 AM
Thanks guys..

Bob I've been using 87 mostly since day 1 ..Have 20K miles my average is 47MPG  thats with lowers and a tour pack with a fat ass guy LOL...I've gotten as high as 54MPG ..I dont beat on it and mostly keep it around 70 Even when I've done long stretches at 90 the worst I've gotten 42..Best milage I ever gotten on a bagger..I tried higher octain and found no diff in mileage ....I did notice a little more zip with the 93..but at 40cent a gal more and you can hardley find 93 any more it's just not worth it for a basically stock touring bike...On the other hand my heritage is a 10:1 comp with supertrapp, andrews 44 now that only sees high octaine ...

Dan

Dan,

I've lost track with the number of years I've been around Harley's but they are many. I will say 54MPG tops the best milage stories I've heard to date with exception to some sporty's. Whatever you are doing to get that milage, i would put it in can and sell it.  :up: