May 12, 2024, 02:08:18 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

124" build...I'll let the cat out of the bag

Started by No Cents, July 07, 2013, 10:36:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HighLiner

OzyMax

Quote from: No Cents on August 18, 2013, 09:44:57 AM
here is a video of the bike as it sits right now

http://youtu.be/YL4Op3yu2YU
very nice looking bike and sounds very quiet mechanically.

You should ride it the way you feel at the time, if that includes burnouts or hitting the rev limiter as long as it's safe enough do it. It's your bike, you built it now enjoy all it has to offer, no need to apologize for that or being excited enough to tell others.
Definitely inspiring what can be achieved from home with the right plan and help, hope mine turns out to give me a similar feeling.
Well done to you Ray.

No Cents

:up:
thanks men...I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel finally.
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Durwood

Quote from: No Cents on August 18, 2013, 04:50:57 PM
:up:
thanks men...I'm starting to see a light at the end of the tunnel finally.
Yeah, it's the garage light shining on the new Pro charger :hyst:

I just found the plus 4 key and it's ready to mail, are you sure you want it? Sounds like the 124"er is doing fine as is.

No Cents

what Pro Charger  :nix:  ...shhhh...it's a secret...or at least it use to be    :gob:   :hyst:

FXDRYDR

Quote from: No Cents on August 18, 2013, 07:15:00 PM
what Pro Charger  :nix:  ...shhhh...it's a secret...or at least it use to be    :gob:   :hyst:
:hyst: :hyst: :hyst:  Oh yeah!  LOL!

No Cents

:hyst:
it's a running joke with Darren. There is no Pro Charger planned for the future...I'm just 8-up with it...not crazy!   :banghead:

mr_natural78

Bike sounds sick. Can't wait to see the final numbers after it goes to Jim again.
2000 FXDX, 113ci, HTCC CNC heads, 116hp/127tq

No Cents

The old girl is back off to Strokerjlk's on Wednesday for another round on his dyno.
We'll see how she does this time...hopefully it will do a little better this time with the clutch working properly...and with a touch more compression.  :embarrassed:

IronMike113

Speaking about the Charger,I called frank at Draggo's about one for a bike of mine and just came to a no answer,Way more than what is needed and it was only another 5000.00 plus to take it well over 200 HP, on my 131 just way to much for me but I was going for the look(Ha,HA,HA) hope that bad a$$ scooter works out for you.   :wink:
2 Bikes and 2 Beemers, that's what I have been told 😳

No Cents

:agree:
5K is a hard pill to swallow for a hair dryer. But...nice gains to be made from a low compression motor...but I've always liked a motor with just a touch of compression in it...probably too much for a Pro Charger system.
Rigid Thumper said he will take 3K for his Pro Charger Mike!  :potstir:  It should bolt right on that 131   :unsure:

mr_natural78

Quote from: No Cents on August 19, 2013, 05:53:20 PM
The old girl is back off to Strokerjlk's on Wednesday for another round on his dyno.
We'll see how she does this time...hopefully it will do a little better this time with the clutch working properly...and with a touch more compression.  :embarrassed:

:pop: I don't think I've ever been so excited about someone else's build. lol. Just dropped my FXDX off with Brain at Valley Racing today for a tune and some new tires. Can't wait for the results.
2000 FXDX, 113ci, HTCC CNC heads, 116hp/127tq

IronMike113

Maybe he can tell me alittle about that hair dryer? Or send me a message behind the curtain,Man what the hell am I thinkin,Than For sure I need a chain conv.And I would have to run real low boost I'm at 11.2 or so would have to maybe go back to lower cam's 662-2's in right now from frank he is the one that turned me on to them,I was looking at the 660SM cams but frank said no so you know the rest,And he had done some 131's with the 662-2's so we got to thinkin and if that was not ENUFF we could slap his blower on and at that time pulling somewhere in the 215HP like holy chit this is or was a street bike at one time now just a money pit had to buy other bikes to ride normal if I can say that, but hard to ride the slow one's now but you can stay out of jail,And as of right now I really have way more than a guy needs right now it is fun to ride for awhile but can't ride it Normal just can't it want to just haul a$$ all the time, that's why you see guys building these monsters,And I have been there wondering if they really know what they are in for? I had BVBOB build me and tune my other two 103's for touring and they can run cross country,So can the Drag Bagger but it will BEAT the day lights out of you I'm getting past that point in my life but that's me!And it's not my favorite bike any longer?Sorry for Rambling on this is you post not mine! PS BVBOB tuned this one too,Ask him it plainly hauls the mail he rode it.  :bike: Ride safe my friend!!

BVHOG

I don't know Mike, had another 131 in here last friday, you fell a notch, might want to reconsider some mods, lol
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

IronMike113

Dam it BOB,Well you know winter is on its way,we'll have to chat later!  :wink:

No Cents

:oops:
Bob...I think I'm giving Mike idea's and making his wallet lighter   :hyst:

Mother

155hp/149tq Hyperformance iron cylinder 131. JW Performance heads

strokerjlk

Quote from: BVHOG on August 20, 2013, 06:25:59 PM
I don't know Mike, had another 131 in here last friday, you fell a notch, might want to reconsider some mods, lol
Your a bad bad man  :hyst:
A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

HighLiner

No Cents

I just got back from dropping the bike off @ Strokerjlk's for round two on his dyno.
Up & back...it's about a 10 hour drive for me.
I guess we will know soon...if it's road worthy.  :embarrassed:

IronMike113

She'll be fine if not your wallet is going to get alittle lighter     :potstir:    Me on the other hand I have full control of my self there fore my wallet as far As I see will be growing in size if my Calculation's are correct???  :hyst:

hotbo

03 fatty 124"  S&S Super G/Bored w/T-jet,Dragos Softail Exh.

strokerjlk

Green is The  117er
Blue is 124er with cycle Rama 650
Red is 124 er t man 662 -2
Nope I can't get The  tq up after 4200.
Brought the bottom way up with some tuning though . It was a flat 135 tq .at 4000-4200 when I started .
Give me another day to finalize the idle / cruise areas  ray and she's done .

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis
repeated testing establishes theory

CowboyTutt

Wow, that says a lot about that T-Man cam!!!!  Thinking some other exhaust might be needed here, which is not so unusual with these large, high performance builds.   :bike:   -Tutt 

vdop

That's really strange at 4500. What do you think is causing that? What's in it for a clutch?