April 27, 2024, 03:31:13 AM

News:

Maxxis tires

Started by jerite, November 06, 2008, 06:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerite

Anyone runnin' Maxxis tires? Need opinions of em'.
Thanx-
Jer
Less is more....let's keep it simple!

HarleyCharley

Got a couple of classics on my '81 lowrider. Ride good but don't believe they'll get the mileage of the Dunlops I usually run.

Besides the price of Maxxis tires has really increased since I bought these.

stroker800

I put one on my "frankenpan" doin well maybe 500 miles if that,,,I was bein cheap ,,,,tires in Canada are at a new high on prices,,,I don't know if its greed or duty fees,,,but 2 get to dunlops at dealership installedand ready to ride will go for $800.00-$1000.00,,,,I get my tires in IL when seein friends.
Dave

dirtywhitewalls

i run a classic www on the back. (had one before this one too)  i do about 11,000 miles a year, to/from work mostly. the tire last one year for me, end up having to change late summer every year.
was the same for me with dunlap and continental tires I've run before. i run cheng-shin 21" on front, i get two years out of those.
anyway, that's been my experience with the cheap as dirt Chinese tires others may differ.

76shuvlinoff

I ran the maxxix classics wwws on my flh for a while, got 7000 out of the rear maybe 9000 out of the front. Not real high mileage but not too bad for me. I don't think they ride as well as my Dunlops and they have large raised lettering in the whitewall that make them a royal b*tch to clean.

Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

jerite

Majority have it..... I will buy some dunlops or avons.
Thanx-
Jer
Less is more....let's keep it simple!