May 09, 2024, 12:15:29 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

hello from North Texas

Started by 1workinman, July 27, 2013, 07:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1workinman

Hello from the north Texas area in Wichita county . I have a 07 road king . First Harley I have had . Use to motor cross years ago . I work in power generation for the last 27 years. Harley Davidson are new to me. I am now reading the forums to catch up on engine and powertrain.  That's is the way  I have used to work on my 5.9 cummins and tdi jettas . I prefer to do most of the work on my cars and trucks . I use to work for gm when I got out of trade school many years ago as a line mechanic. Then later on as a oil field mechanic, the oil field went to heck so the power plant was a good choice for me.  I have been reading and studying on how to make the 96 engine work a little harder .  I am just reading and watching a lot of u tube before I ask a lot of dumb questions .  I will say there is a lot of very smart guys that work on Harley  Davidsons  . I can offer little in the way of practical experience but I have read a lot in the last few months so I have a general idea on what works . Or at least who to ask .  Have a great day and ride safe Jim

truck

Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.