May 02, 2024, 04:32:06 AM

News:

Oil lines / Evo

Started by tinkerman, February 21, 2009, 04:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tinkerman

My evo is 21 years old. The oil lines are all original. I have been checking them out expecting to see some dry rot around the end of the lines but the lines still seem fairly flexible and in good shape.

Any opinions/experience on life expectancy of the lines.....replacement lines ....original/aftermarket. It looks like a pretty standard, quality reinforced rubber line. I would of expected to see some degradation at this point but don't see anything obvious. If I don't hear anything different I guess I'll just keep em running.

Tinkerman
Living on a rock out in the North Atlantic, HTT member since 8/1/2003

Naear

http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=82AEDE8A-C15B-4FBB-BD21-A0ED7E0ABC76&brand=russell

I went with some of these for my 88 fxrs but ordered thru the local indy they are pretty nice my old hoses the rubber had turned pretty hard.

JohnS_Rosamond

Most of the oil lines don't have to be gotten from Harley.  However, there may be a few oil lines that have special 90° bends in them and can't otherwise be duplicated.  If Harley tell you "obsolete," be aware that there is a special catalog that Harley keeps for NOS parts that have been dropped.  Some counter people are unaware of this "other" catalogue.  However, you might also check V-Twin manufacturing.  Not only do they specialize in older Harleys, but they have also bought parts directly from Harley and may still have some of those hard-to-get items.

sandrooney

You can also have your dealer check other dealers around the country, they can usually find a shop that has "oboslete" parts still in stock. Have them ship it to you.
SR
Patience is such a waste of time .

tinkerman

Thanks for  the info.

As usual, all good ideas with a few things I hadn't considered thrown in.

Tinkerman
Living on a rock out in the North Atlantic, HTT member since 8/1/2003