tts mastertune........need a little help getting started,..... istructions?

Started by gabbyduffy, August 09, 2013, 08:22:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gabbyduffy

I'm in the process of removing my (Precision Ems auto tuner) and switching to a TTS. This is my situation, the auto tuner used the large 18mm o2 sensors, and now that I'm switching to the tts I had to switch to a new set of headers with the small 12mm sensors,.... Keep in mind I'm clueless when it comes to tuning but I would like to learn, I have the new header with the small 12mm sensors on the bike and I have the tts box and cables...... Whats the next step?....The tts did not come with any instructions,... I would like to get the bike running so I can ride it 200 miles and drop it off with the tuner. Thanks for the help.
Duffy 216-633-8541 eastern time zone.

FLTRI

Depending on which ECM calibration level REVPERF used, you may have to have HD flash your ECM back to stock. In other words TTS and others may be blocked out and cannot reprogram the ECM.

When you load and the TTS software an instruction manual will be automatically downloaded and installed on your computer. Reading that will be your first step so you know what's what.

Bob
The best we've experienced is the best we know
Always keep eyes and mind open

gabbyduffy

Quote from: FLTRI on August 09, 2013, 09:07:58 AM
Depending on which ECM calibration level REVPERF used, you may have to have HD flash your ECM back to stock. In other words TTS and others may be blocked out and cannot reprogram the ECM.

When you load and the TTS software an instruction manual will be automatically downloaded and installed on your computer. Reading that will be your first step so you know what's what.

Bob
I called Revperf. and asked if I need to mail my ecm back to them, They said no need to mail the ecm, just load the tts right over the existing precision tune.......... So if I load the disc that came with the tts it will instruct me how to get the bike up and running so I can ride it to the tuners?    Thank you........

Ohio HD

Gabby, there's a lot of information in the tuning guide that you'll soon read. And will actually be confusing due to the amount of information it gives when you're not used to the software, and or tuning.

I would suggest reading through it, several times, to familiarize yourself with the software. But since you're taking it to be tuned, and are riding the bike, I would suggest asking your tuner for a MAP that will allow you to ride the bike with a somewhat close tune to their shop.

gabbyduffy

Quote from: Ohio HD on August 09, 2013, 09:29:10 AM
Gabby, there's a lot of information in the tuning guide that you'll soon read. And will actually be confusing due to the amount of information it gives when you're not used to the software, and or tuning.

I would suggest reading through it, several times, to familiarize yourself with the software. But since you're taking it to be tuned, and are riding the bike, I would suggest asking your tuner for a MAP that will allow you to ride the bike with a somewhat close tune to their shop.
I'm going to drop the bike off Tues. with the fellow that tuned your bike over at Roeder Racing. I'm just going to Trailer the bike to him and not take any chances. Did you notice a big difference from how the bike rode before the tune to how the bike rode after the tune?

Ohio HD

Quote from: gabbyduffy on August 09, 2013, 05:44:17 PM
Quote from: Ohio HD on August 09, 2013, 09:29:10 AM

I'm going to drop the bike off Tues. with the fellow that tuned your bike over at Roeder Racing. I'm just going to Trailer the bike to him and not take any chances. Did you notice a big difference from how the bike rode before the tune to how the bike rode after the tune?

I have personally not had my 107 tuned at Roeder, just suggested them to you as they're close, and have a good reputation. My 107 was tuned by me.

sprinkman

You are going to the right place great people, they will do you right. It won't leave there unless you and them are both happy.
sprinkman