After 40 years of riding, my first Harley.

Started by Johnny Walker, August 24, 2013, 10:33:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnny Walker

Hello everyone.

I am a 65 yr old, retired army, avid bike rider. Been riding since 1972 and except for the past few years have always had a bike of one sort or another. Started with a 1972 Honda 450 that I paid $1160 for brand new. Kept it 2 years and sold it for $1100. I purchased a 1973 Kawasaki Z1 900. At that time it was the fastest stock production motorcycle in the world. It definitely lived up to it's reputation. Then it was a Honda 100 and after that all Goldwing's. Due to a run of some bad luck I have been without anything for the past few years but finally got it together enough to purchase a 2003 Harley Fat Boy Anniversary on May  1st of this year. Only 2700  miles and beautiful after market Orange Pearl paint. A few other improvements also such as chromed front forks, lowered and wind shield and Screaming Eagle II exhaust and stage 1 air cleaner. It pretty much ran pretty crappy for a while but after a continuing diet of Sea Foam and constant riding it has improved quite a bit.  I've been investing in a few comfort items such as a Mustang seat with back rest, and pre 2009 Heritage handlebars and wind deflectors. I plan on making a 950 mile trip from Nashville Tn to Duluth Mn the first part of Sep. Get to see family members I haven't seen for almost 12 years. Really looking forward to that. I am also a part time musician here in Nashville playing mostly bass guitar and singing.  That's me in a nut shell, Say hi.. Later. :scoot:

Durwood

Welcome from Ky. Johnny, I had a 2002 Fatboy, really liked that bike, After your road trip you may want a bagger...lol

Johnny Walker

Haha Durwood.. Thanks for the welcome.. I appreciate it. After seeing that 2014 Ultra at the dealership yesterday I already want a bagger.. Hell, I'd be happy with a Road King. But, got to get this one paid for first. Don't think I'd want a bagger for my primary bike. Definitely would love one for trips over a couple hundred miles. I've got this Fat Boy plenty comfortable with that Mustang seat with the back rest, the Heritage Bars and the wind shield and wind deflectors and it being lowered. The longest I've ridden it is only about an hour but I can tell it's going to be pretty comfortable on the upcoming trip.

FSG

Welcome Johnny, gotta luv them 2003 Harley Fat Boys.   :wink: