May 08, 2024, 11:14:59 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New guy and new FLHTKSE owner

Started by Yzernie, September 15, 2013, 03:51:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yzernie

Hello,

New to the CVO world as my wife bought me a 2014 FLHTKSE as my retirement present.  I recently retired after a 34+ year career as an LEO.  My wife is also a career LEO and wil be retiring in just a few months.  We have a lot of travel plans aboard our new scoot when she hits the eject button!!!!

Just got my 1,000 mile service done and so far I am still learning about all of the electronics on the new bikes.  I do like the water cooling as it really cuts the heat transmitted to the rider/passenger.  So far I have added a V&H Power Dual head pipe mated to 4" Rinehart muffs and a K&N air filter.  That made it even cooler for us and did help with performance a bit. 

I also have a 2011 Road Glide Ultra that has some work done to it.  One thing I may like to change on the CVO is different cams.  I would like the power to be a little more spread out as the 255 cams don't have much after 3500rpm. Other than that it is a sweet bike and I like the changes HD made for this model.

Ernie
:up:
"The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it" - Unknown