May 06, 2024, 04:00:52 AM

News:

Well, still no call back from Ultima

Started by gryphon, February 23, 2009, 06:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gryphon

Called Ultima last Friday (the 20th) and left a message for them to get back to me. I hope they call by tomorrow since I go back to work on Wednesday. Because of the time difference though I will probably still be at home by the time they close on wednesday so I guess I got 2 more days. I used to bellyache about sitting on hold with S&S but probably not any more.

harleytoprock

I called then back in July with a tech question. I'm still waiting for the return call. It tool less time to figure it out myself. Don't hold your breath waiting.

Reddog74usa

RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

hardonthemerch

Yeah - I'd just call them again. Thing is, they are definately on the slack side where the tech line comes in, but too many people receive call backs. - Maybe word your problem a little differently. - Brief and to the point. -

gryphon

Well, I called and left another message. Hope they call back this time. If not, I will put my Ultima cases on ebay and never look back. There are companies out there that want my business. I've called S&S probably 20 times with tech questions and never had a problem.

hardonthemerch

Well - I hate to see it come to that. - I have no dog in the fight, and don't know if the guy is even around there anymore, but when I first starting seeign ultimas appear in the midwest books, there was a guy named Kenny Francis if memory serves me right, and he had worked for Merch before that... I spoke to him a few times, and don't remember having allot of trouble getting through. - who knows...

Buddy WMC

gryphon

Well another day has come and still no call back from Ultima. I have left 4 messages and it has been six days since I started calling them. It would appear as though they don't really give a crap about customer service or customer relations. You buy their part and then goodby. I am not shopping around and trying to get free tech info from them. I have spent my hundreds of dollars and would just appreciate a little help. Even though their prices are less than those of S&S it looks to me like S&S may be the smarter buy.

Brian

Gryphon I am not sure what number you have been calling but if you dial 636 931-3255 that is a direct line to my desk.  If I do not answer leave a message & your call back number & I promise you will get a call back from me. I am here 8 - 4:30 Mon. thru Fri.  I am surprised to hear that no one got back to you...Anyway, call me & your issue & or questions will be taken care of.
Brian D.
Midwest MC Supply
Ultima

hardonthemerch

There you have it fellas - He put it out there for the world to hear (see)

:up: to you guys.

Buddy WMC

Gryphon,
Please share what you found out.

gryphon

Well, I would guess that the most important thing I found out is that the number that Brian gave does  go to his desk in the R&D department and he was able to answer my questions and give me parts numbers. As far as my questions went, Yes you do indeed need the offset tappet blocks when using the 4' bore cases and yes their 4" bore pistons are compatable with the S&S heads. In fact, they do engine rebuilds for customers with S&S, Merch, and HD motors. Probably others.

Buddy WMC

So,
I would assume then that the pinion shaft will also need to be 1/4" longer like my flywheel assembly is. Glad you got through, would have had you ask some specifics about those 3.875 cases for me. Good luck with whatever you decide to do. I'll try and get up with Brian before I leave.

Buddy WMC

Tried to call Brian yesterday morning to ask about those cases for my 100" project. Got a voicemail and left a message thanking him for helping the guys on the board, left my numbers and explained I was leaving for Daytona later this morning. Didn't get a call back, so I'm hoping that perhaps they are with the other vendors in Daytona as well. We'll see what happens between today and later on next week.

Brian

Buddy WMC I have not received your message. Please try my number again or call Matt at 314 773-3064. He is head of the Ultima Warranty Dept. & the Motor Rebuild Dept. Matt answers most calls in the early afternoon from noon to three.
Thank You,
Brian D.
Midwest MC Supply

Big Steve 63

Brian, thank you for posting the correct phone #'s.   I am in the process of installing a Ultima engine (120") and Ultima 6sp transmission in a '98 FLHTCI, that is now going to be just an FLHTC.  So far the project is going well but if a problem arises, i now know how to get some help to solve it.