May 03, 2024, 09:29:32 AM

News:

andrews flowmaster carb

Started by blackbeard 60, February 24, 2009, 03:13:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blackbeard 60

i am wondering where i can get a kit for a flowmaster carb .it has been on my 8080 wg for 12 years now it has been the best working carb i ever had i dont want to part with it .what do you guys who run this carb think about it.

Hybredhog

A few people like yourself got along with the flowmaster, but the vast majority hated them, It all came down to the type of build, and the simpler the better, muffled pipes mild if any cam,ect... As for a "kit", I'm not aware of one, but the accel diapham & basic o-rings is common, and the bowl o-ring is about all you really need, and you can fabricate the felt seals on the butterfly shaft. Other than a good soakin' in carb cleaner, there ain't much to them...Jeff
'01 FXDXT, '99 FXDL/XRD, '76 FLH

Hybredhog

PS, i just went though my juck carb box, and I've got one that I robbed the butterfly out of (to use in a bored out carb I made). If your interested, drop me a line....Jeff
'01 FXDXT, '99 FXDL/XRD, '76 FLH

blackbeard 60

thanks alot jeff .but the next day after i posted this a buddy found what i was looking for in his parts box. so i am good to go .thanks man

hardtail84

I picked up my 84 softail a couple years ago and it had a screamin eagle keihin, flowmaster on it. I have had nothing but good luck with it. The only thing I didn't care for was that it was a spigot mount into a rubber manifold adapter that was getting pretty old. A month ago there was one on ebay that had the regular bolt on flange, so I bought it. The carb looked like new inside and out. Thirty five dollers, what a deal. It's on the bike looking good and running great. I have en ev3 cam and run mufflers and it runs and idles great. I don't know why they have a bad reputation, I like mine.
It'll fit, just hit it harder!