May 02, 2024, 02:27:20 AM

News:

Old Wilton Vise

Started by SkinHD1, February 24, 2009, 04:01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SkinHD1

I have an old Wilton 645 vise that I need a spindle nut for.  Unfortunately, Wilton no longer makes the vise and has only a limited number of parts.  Of course, they don't have the spindle nut and pin.  They could not think of anyone who might have it, either.  Does anyone have any idea where I might find this part?

bigblock6912

a good machinist should be able to make one,no?

Deye76

Wilton's are popular with pipeline welders. (Their own rigs) Maybe a source.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

76shuvlinoff

Surfed around a little bit and saw a suggestion on another forum to try Grainger, sorry not much help.
Wiltons are nice vises.
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

Skullfork

Quote from: 76shuvlinoff on February 24, 2009, 05:00:39 PM
Wiltons are nice vises.

They were the best until they started making them in China ...

I have a couple unuseable Wilton's in the shop I kept around for parts and I went and checked, but unfortunately I don't have what you're looking.

Showdog75

If it's a ACME nut check Enco .

SkinHD1

Thanks for all of the responses.  I bought a nut from Wilson made for another vise but it was for a 1/2" spindle instead of a 3/4" like I have.  I'll keep looking and if anyone comes up with something please let me know.

SkinHD1

apes

I have a Wilton with a broken replaceable jaw insert, does anyone have an address where I can get a replacement?
thanks

SkinHD1

Give Wilton a call.  They sell replacements.

SkinHD1

truck

Quote from: SkinHD1 on February 24, 2009, 04:01:10 PM
I have an old Wilton 645 vise that I need a spindle nut for.  Unfortunately, Wilton no longer makes the vise and has only a limited number of parts.  Of course, they don't have the spindle nut and pin.  They could not think of anyone who might have it, either.  Does anyone have any idea where I might find this part?
Quote from: SkinHD1 on February 26, 2009, 05:53:03 PM
Give Wilton a call.  They sell replacements.

SkinHD1

Do they?
Listen to the jingle the rumble and the roar.

SkinHD1

Good one truck...they have jaw replacements even for most older models.... :smilep:

SkinHD1

Bladesmith

March 05, 2009, 12:48:53 PM #11 Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 03:29:47 PM by Bladesmith
 : :emsad: Very sad !!! Wilton is another old,great American tool company that has sold itself to China....They still make expensive vises but most of their vises look like Harbor Freight..that's because their now made  in China..Check out their Bandsaws,,Also Chinese

One by one all the Great American Tool Companies  have stopped manufacturing and instead are importing Crap....

Keep your old tool and machines as long as you can because you can't replace them!!!

I would try MSC   if they can't help you I doubt anyone can.....

If my thought dreams could be seen they'd  put my head in a guillotine.. Dylan

Hybredhog

Snap-on sells Wiltons under their own name, Maybe...
'01 FXDXT, '99 FXDL/XRD, '76 FLH