May 09, 2024, 05:11:13 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Hello from Wolverhampton UK

Started by AlexB, October 09, 2013, 02:01:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexB

Hi to all,
My name is Alex, new forum member from Wolverhampton, England UK.

Been riding Harleys for many years, had over the years; 82 Roadster, 85 Softail, 91 FLSTC, 2011 Crossbones and just traded it and ordered a 2014 Ultra Limited.

Forum looks really good, hope to pick up a few tips and pass on help if and when I can. I have always worked on all my own bikes as trade is an engineer but know there is always something new to learn.

2014 FLHTK
2006 Triumph Bonneville

Walenut

Hi Alex, I'm just down the road near Walsall, recently joined also, presently rebuilding a 90's Road King.

AlexB

Hi Walenut..
Small world lol...

Hope things are going ok with the rebuild on the RK?

Did you get it as a basket case or just a rebuild / project bike?
2014 FLHTK
2006 Triumph Bonneville

FSG

Welcome to the pair of you.  By chance did either of you make the 100th Celebration in Littleport at all?   I missed it but work took me there 6 mths after, I stayed in Ely for 7 days but the Greengrocer in Littleport still had the Cast Harley in his shop when I visited.

Walenut

Thanks FSG, no I didn't make it, I was going to say its a fair way from here but obviously not as far as you travelled. :-)

Hi Alex,
          Yes pretty much a basket case, it was just about running although it had some pretty serious issues with the early fuel injection system, on the road to converting to carburettor although totally stripped at the moment.