May 08, 2024, 09:16:21 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New Member from Ohio

Started by Aberdale, October 15, 2013, 08:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aberdale

Hi all.  I have read several threads on the forum.  Looks like lots of good information and some pretty knowledgeable people in the group.

About me,  I live in Mount Vernon, Ohio.  My wife and I both ride.  We've spent a lot of years on metric bikes and have recently added a few Harleys.  She rides a 2008 883 Sportster.  I ride a 2002 VRSCA V-Rod.  When we choose to ride 2-up we ride an old but trusty 1987 EVO FLTC Tour Glide.

I like to restore old bikes, trucks, and tractors.  I've restored a 1970 Honda DOHC 450, a 1981 Yamaha SR500,  a 1987 BMW R80RT. 

The old Tour Glide has just under 100,000 miles, and could use some cosmetic freshening. Over the winter, I'm planning to tear it down, repaint it, do some light customizing, and fix anything that needs attention. I plan to contribute where I can, ask questions when I need help,  and shut up if I have nothing positive to add.

'dale