May 08, 2024, 05:46:17 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Shoulda joined long ago!

Started by Frank the Real Biker, October 16, 2013, 01:37:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank the Real Biker

As the subject line indicates, I should have joined this forum long ago. Many of my friends are members and they recommended it to me. I finally got around to it. I hope to add to the discussions as well as learn from them.

Who the hell am I? Well, I'm Frank the Real Biker. The "Real Biker" part is sarcasm, of course. Nobody can define a real biker. Anyway, I ride a 2002 custom hardtail once in a while (see picture below), but my main bike is a carbureted 2005 Harley FLHT (see other picture below.) Note on the EG that it has the wildly famous <cough cough> Amazing Custom Motorcycle Waving Arm 2.0 on it. I built the Waving Arm as a joke a few years ago and created a web page for it. If you're interested, here is a link to it: http://franktherealbiker.com/

The Electra Glide was becoming a little fuzzy around the edges so last winter I had the local dealer re-manufacture the engine and rebuild the transmission and front end, wheel bearings, and a bunch of other stuff done to it. They also installed a set of SE203 cams as well as the upgraded camplate and oil pump, and a hydraulic chain tension thingie-muh-bob. It's essentially a new 2005 bike with a few reliability upgrades.

I am not a stranger to a wrench, but when it comes to major surgery like rebuilding an engine I let the professionals do it. I've installed cams before, but that's as deep as I feel comfortable digging around in the guts of a bike. Like Dirty Harry said, "Ya got to know your limitations."

HV

Welcome to HTT Frank !!  enjoy all there is to view on here  :up:
HV HTT Admin ..Ride Safe ...But Ride informed with HTT !!
Skype HV.HTT

fbn ent

Like the arm....I've often thought of sticking one of those cheezy waving hands to my windshield. Welcome.
'02 FLTRI - 103" / '84 FLH - 88"<br />Hinton, Alberta

Ajayrk

Welcome.  I know you and your arm from the binary forum.
AJ

Just Nick

Frank I need one of them gas smashers for my bike and if it does what you say I would like to stock them in my store. nice website and welcome to htt
   Nick
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

Powerglides

Funny as hell, that waving arm. I love a good sense of humour. Welcome.
Boz

Hillside Motorcycle

Otto Knowbetter sez, "Even a fish wouldn't get caught if he kept his mouth shut"

Ohio HD

That's some funny "Potty mouth"!  You'll get along just fine here....      :unsure:

gonenorth

Welcome to HTT!  It was good to meet you at Hooters for dinner at Overland Park.  Never ran into anyone before who had a designated table at Hooters. PoorUB and I had a great ride the next day through the Ozark twisties.
:chop:

PoorUB

Welcome aboard Frank! You will fit right in at Earls, you sick puppy! Watch out for Preacher!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Frank the Real Biker

(Just now figured out how to reply in this forum. I may be dumb, but at least I'm slow.) <grin>

Good to meet you, too. 10-4 on the Hooters restaurant. We go there a couple times a month at least. It's a good way to unwind. My friend is a business owner in town (one of the largest businesses there) and he hesitates to be seen by everyone drinking beer at lunch time during the week, so we travel there to drink beer at lunch time.

The Ozark area is great for riding. I had my first (and only) crash there. Just bought the 2005 Electra Glide and rode it down there in early October. The leaves were turning and at their peak. Beautiful. There was about 10 of us riding the twisties and I got to gawking at the leaves...took my eyes off the road for just a few seconds...and the turn we were in was a decreasing radius turn. Got tighter the farther we went into it. My front tire got off the pavement and into the gravel. Into the ditch I went. Lucky for me my forward progress was stopped abruptly by a large cedar tree. Had the tree not been there I would have probably traveled another 50-100 feet and rolled to a halt.

gonenorth

Thank God for that cedar tree!  Good one Andy!  :up: